Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding questions about the size of the pieces of fish, I'd guess (based on what I've seen at truck stop buffets) that if you were sampling a number of protein items, 1 piece would be a normal serving. If the fish were the only protein item, 2 pieces (3 if you're a pig) would be a reasonable number for one person. 12 pieces is outrageous.

Quoth dendawg View Post
    This...good lord this. I was at a Golden Corral once and saw a lady (for lack of a better term ) go up to a tray of food....as it was put out (crab legs i think it was) and in a matter of seconds the tray was emptied.
    Quoth Slayer View Post
    Oooo! Those are yummy. She should have taken some and gone back later for more. That way other people don't have to wait.
    But you're forgetting - she's the only customer who MATTERS, so it's no big deal if others have to wait (and just watch - when the next tray comes out, she'll take it all too) so long as SHE gets what she wants WHEN she wants it.

When there's a "high value treat" (dog training term, but then again most dogs are better behaved than SCs) on the buffet, there should be a posted and ENFORCED policy of how many pieces can be taken at once (let's say no more than 4 crab legs at a time), and anyone caught with more than that is ejected IMMEDIATELY.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Friday night fish fry is like, the Bible tradition around here in Wi. Except for people like me, I don't care for fish much (except lobster and shrimp at Red Lobster). I tend to not go to all you can eat fish buffets or restaurants with super fish deals on Fridays.

Now, Jade Garden, Pizza Ranch, I just might arrested one of these times for having too much.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

My sister told me about this guy. This is what she heard: They were small pieces of fish, similar to chicken nugget-size. He was entitled to side dishes but didn't eat any. And he split the fish with his buddy, who he claimed ate more than he did, so he wanted more fish, which he got, but apparently not enough. Claimed he went home and was still hungry and "had to open a couple cans of soup."

So my take: He shouldn't have shared with his friend if he was that hungry, and anybody with a brain knows there is a limit to "all you can eat." It's all you can eat within reason, really.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

The Golden Corral is my favorite place. I miss it terribly.
          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
          X