This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why oh why don't I learn

So, I'm officially working at the hotel again. Seriously, what did I do to deserve this. No, I didn't leave the other place, I'm now working two jobs.
    Sadly the manager there knows exactly what buttons to press. He knew damned well the semester was ending and that he had an employee he needed to get rid of, and he knows tuition is going up next semester and that pointing out that a second job will go greatly towards paying for next years tuition and that it saves him having to find a new employee for three months. And I was caught hook line and sinker
    I guess we can expect an increase in postings from me now
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
    I guess we can expect an increase in postings from me now
    Keep 'em funny and I'll forgive you

More seriously, we're here to vent.

Rapscallion

Comment

I'm so sorry. *squeezes*
      The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Two jobs AND school, you won't have *time* to post.

Good luck.
        Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Quoth HYHYBT View Post
          Two jobs AND school, you won't have *time* to post.

Good luck.
          the hotel is only between semesters, the owner wants me to come in for a few months because they know I'll actually be there a few months (that's how bad their turnover is).

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
            I'm so sorry. *squeezes*
            I have nothing to ad except seeing that sentiment coupled with your avatar is rather... unsettling, somehow.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Just pretend that Smiley is a bunny, Andara, and you won't find it so unsettling.

....okay, well, maybe not that FIRST bunny....is the second one still alive?
              Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                Just pretend that Smiley is a bunny, Andara, and you won't find it so unsettling.

....okay, well, maybe not that FIRST bunny....is the second one still alive?
                Oh. Yeah. That makes it all better. Thanks!

And, yes, the second one is very much still alive. You need to get up to date, Mr Pony.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I like bunnies, they're fuzzy.
                  The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

garr smiley you keep forgetting there is a factory in Wisconsin in DESPERATE need of competent, intelligent employees....
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                      garr smiley you keep forgetting there is a factory in Wisconsin in DESPERATE need of competent, intelligent employees....
                      ...that they can dump on while ignoring the freeloading Beloved Assholes (tm)
                      Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

Smiley, darling, I'd like to introduce you to an awesome little word called "NO". It'll come in handy. Use it wisely.
                        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                          Smiley, darling, I'd like to introduce you to an awesome little word called "NO". It'll come in handy. Use it wisely.
                          right now though the hotel is the only place within the county that I have a rehireable status at (not counting the place I work at now, I assume that I will keep rehireable status there), so I need to do everything in my power to kiss their asses and keep them liking me just in case.

Comment

You have "no rehire" status everywhere else?
                            Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Quoth HYHYBT View Post
                              You have "no rehire" status everywhere else?
                              in Salt Lake County yes... everywhere else though I have rehirable status

Comment

Working...
                              X