Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have a DMX satellite reciever, but we cant choose stations. Probably because our company has its own actual radio station (with DJ links and product advertising) but its all prerecorded.

The box simply has 5 green lights and a reset button on it and is the size of a car stereo. If any of the lights are out, its bad and we get no music. Usually snow on the dish.

DMX in the UK is now "Mood Media" apparently too.

I did once take my ipod to work when someone had to stay instore overnight for security (We'd been raided and the building couldnt be secured properly the night after). Just unplugged the satellite reciever and plugged the ipod into the PA amp.

Comment

I went with my fiance to her friend's birthday party. She is 6 years younger then me. A person there her age was complaining about the "Green Day Generation" referring to people younger then him that liked American Idiot which had just come out. I told him he was stupid, Green Day had been around for 14 years by that point, longer then the people he thought were in the Green Day Generation, and that Dookie was far more popular and influential so if anything people around when that came out would be the Green Day Generation.

So that's my sort of twist example for the topic. A person assuming a band is something new because they've become repopular after being out of the limelight for awhile

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
        Gods all of the stuff I like and still listen to must be considered oldie moldy dusty and creaky and rockin chair. 30's and 40's big band, a lot from the 50's the second half of the 60's most of the stuff from the 70's a little from the 80's, a very few from the 90's and 00'
        Wanna share ipods,

You have my musical tastes, . And am developing a late appreciation for some of the older country I grew up with (like Patsy Cline) and even older gospel/whatever (think oh, Brother Where Art Thou soundtrack, lol). Then there were the old cowboy ballads my Dad loved, had enough of them for years but finally enjoy hearing them now and then now. And my DH has introduced me to the joys of old Blues.....

Late 60's was THE music era (my teens ). I can skip most of disco later on, though, . I do remember a lot of 80's simply cause my daughter was a pre-teen then, and it was pre-ipod, so I heard it enough, lol.

Oh, and to get a full view of my musical tastes, you have to toss in a bit of Tom Lehrer as well.
        Last edited by Merriweather; 05-04-2010, 02:41 AM. Reason: failing short-term memory

Madness takes it's toll....
        Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Offspring is now classic rock???

...fuck
          Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
            Wanna share ipods,

You have my musical tastes, . And am developing a late appreciation for some of the older country I grew up with (like Patsy Cline) and even older gospel/whatever (think oh, Brother Where Art Thou soundtrack, lol). Then there were the old cowboy ballads my Dad loved, had enough of them for years but finally enjoy hearing them now and then now. And my DH has introduced me to the joys of old Blues.....

Late 60's was THE music era (my teens ). I can skip most of disco later on, though, . I do remember a lot of 80's simply cause my daughter was a pre-teen then, and it was pre-ipod, so I heard it enough, lol.

Oh, and to get a full view of my musical tastes, you have to toss in a bit of Tom Lehrer as well.

for some reason I never got in to country or the gospel stuff. during the 70's I tried to stay away from the disco music and the "glam rock" stuff. but I find in my later years when it comes on the oldies station I crank it up (so I am a sucker for KC, Wild Cherry and Donna Summer now. can not explain it).l

give me some old time Tom Jones (I wonder if women still throw their underwear at him since he is in his 80's. last time I saw a pic of him he still looked GREAT)
            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
              Wanna share ipods,

if you join emusic dot com, and search for american folkways / smithsonian folkways there is a lot of obscure american folk . blues. old country and just plain fun obscure stuff =)

they also have obscure music of all genres =)
              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                Yeah, he died in 2003.

What shocked me is when I found out that Falco was dead! He had songs other than "Rock Me Amadeus" that were really good....even though I really love that song.
                I didn't know either of them were dead. It's amazing how a song can bring a point in time so clearly back in to focus. I remember the summer of Rock Me Amadeus like it was yesterday. Hard to believe that was 1985

Steve B.

Comment

for some reason I never got in to country or the gospel stuff. during the 70's I tried to stay away from the disco music and the "glam rock" stuff. but I find in my later years when it comes on the oldies station I crank it up (so I am a sucker for KC, Wild Cherry and Donna Summer now. can not explain it).l

give me some old time Tom Jones (I wonder if women still throw their underwear at him since he is in his 80's. last time I saw a pic of him he still looked GREAT)
                  Never was into the western, country, or gospel either at the time (just surrounded by family with it ) but don't mind it now - must be a nostalgia thing, . Disco, I can still only take in small amounts - did always like the Village People though, for some odd reason.

As for Tom Jones, I'm sure my sister would throw hers, she was always a huge fan of his.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                    if you join emusic dot com, and search for american folkways / smithsonian folkways there is a lot of obscure american folk . blues. old country and just plain fun obscure stuff =)

they also have obscure music of all genres =)
                    ooh, that sounds like fun, I'll have to check it out, thanks.

Comment

Quoth werewolffan98 View Post
                      Of course where i am the classic rock station played The Scorpions "No one like you". And most people were wondering why i was rocking out to a classic rock song.
                      That is one of my favorite songs and sooooooooo reminds me of when I was still in school....sigh.
                      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

That's because he's only 69 dude!
                        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                          ** scampers off to Wiki ******

OOOOOPPPPSSS Darn he was young back in the late 60's/early 70's for his TV program
                          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                            Age or position?
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                              Age or position?
                              I was wondering who was going to be the first one to comment!
                              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                                I hate to say it (mostly because it makes me feel old), but The Offspring have been around for 25 years, now. That puts their music firmly in "classic" territory, unfortunately.
                                NOFX has been around since 1983.

I dare you to find a "classic" compilation including them. Well go on. Find one. For that matter, I dare you to even find a radio station playing them. And yes, they're still active.

Here's a mid 90s live set with one of my favorite songs. They were also the first band I ever saw live.. hell yeah, mosh pits!

(psst, if language offends you, you have no business watching this)
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF7St...eature=related
                                Last edited by bean; 05-10-2010, 02:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X