X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth prjkt View Post
    Working at ... (CBD)
    You work for cannabidiol? Cannabis-derived oil?

I wonder if they do drug testing there....

“There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
    One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
    The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

I went home sick on Black Friday with about two hours left of my scheduled shift...and I don't feel one bit guilty about it! Before working at this place I would never have guessed just how entitled Canadians can be, and I swear that Black Friday brought out the worst in pretty much all of the callers I spoke to. More than a few store reps had their names, company ID, and locations passed onto my boss after they way they were carrying on - I can only imagine how the customers standing there in the store must have felt after watching their sales agent carry on like complete arseholes!

And to think...we get to go through this all over again when the Christmas and New Year's sales go live.

Ugh.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
        *snip*

My store would have a potluck in the break room for the employees. It was excellent; we didn't have to go out and fight through crowds (just had to fight through the crowds in the store to get to the break room!), there was always a variety of very tasty food and more than enough to satisfy everybody. Good food does much to improve employee morale on the most insane day of the year. And you're right, splitting Black Friday between two days definitely helped with crowd control. Then we had the insanity of the Saturday-only sales!
        That is indeed a wonderful idea. IF I am still at Big Box DIY store next year, I will mention the idea and see how much enthusiasm it generates.

However, our Black Thursday/Friday/weekend sales were nothing to get excited about. I had one customer say to me, "You're lucky you're not [sort-of competitor with the country's name in the store name]; their parking lot is JAMMED!" I didn't have the heart to tell the customer that our store manager would have LOVED to see a jammed parking lot. It was steady with the occasional brisk rush, but nothing that caused anybody to want to run out the door screaming (at least AFAIK).

I personally did no shopping whatever during that weekend. I rushed into Big Mall to get my hours at Chocolate Shoppe for next week, and then GTFO of there. It reminded me of how hideous parking gets there around this time of year, and of course it only gets worse as the Big Day approaches. I've got a shift there tomorrow so will do some more Christmas shopping afterwards.
        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

For the first time in 15 years, I am OUT of retail. I spent the day curled up in my recliner, playing games and relaxing with friends on Discord. (psst, we have one now!)

Comment

Nah nothing deep, just some skin deep cuts. Not sure how it happened, was closing the door and boom, glass everywhere

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
            You work for cannabidiol? Cannabis-derived oil?

I wonder if they do drug testing there....

Central business district - city centre
            Last edited by MadMike; 12-10-2019, 09:00 PM. Reason: Removed reference to deleted spam post

Comment

Working...
            X