This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Well, sir, your end of the conversation was boring. "
    Everything sucks. I must be living in a vacuum.

Comment

I'd rather have the Bluetooth's weak RF next to my skull than the cellphone's comparatively more powerful one, or a wire hanging down to wherever I stashed the phone.

That said.. I second that motion of "not caring" and "You're going to our competitor? GOOD!"
      Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

A little trick I like to do when some asshat is holding up the line while chatting on their cell phone is cut right by him/her, and when they tell you that you cut them, just respond with "Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you were on the phone."

Comment

"I'm sorry sir. I was trying to be polite by respecting your privacy."

Not that it would probably get you anywhere with this moron. Seriously, he expected you to wait right on top of him for twenty minutes? That isn't customer service, that's stalking. Or squatting. Maybe both.

I'm also pretty sure that your working title isn't 'Manservant'. What did he expect you to do if you had another customer come in meantime, give them the same 'hold on till I'm done' signal? Honestly, how stupidly irritating.
          "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

Damned entitlement whores. They think you've got nothing better to do but stand there and listen to them yammer. This sucks for couple reasons:

1) Most of the time, it's bits and pieces which is boring anyway.
            2) You have no idea how long he's going to yammer away.

Back in the job I had just out of college, I had the exact opposite reaction. I was in tech support for a bank, and was one of the 'on call' techs to run out to people's offices when they called the help desk with a problem. Someone would call into the help desk, scream their computer was down (no exaggeration, they'd demand someone fix it NOW under penalty of death!), and assign it to one of us. Now typically, we had several ongoing issues and we had to deal with them quickly. So I'd grab my 'go bag', hop on the shuttle and go up to their office. Then, they'd be on the phone. So, I'm left with two choices. Wait, and hope they finish soon, or leave, and work on another ticket. Typically I went with the former, since I'd get in more trouble for just up and leaving, even if it was to work on another ticket. So what was the biggest complaint I got from those people? I was rude for standing there 'rushing' them through their phone call to work on their PC. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
            A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

Evil me would pick up a pen and paper and start scribbling, saying" oh, this is HOT!" But, realistically I'd just move away so as not to appaar to eavesdrop. Any way the guy was an ass and an EW, I wonder if tried the same thing at your competition and was similarly treated, he may have gone back to your boss in a pathetic attempt to get free stuff. Or he just an ass. One of the two.

Comment

Quoth BethB View Post
                I SERIOUSLY doubt that anyone in my town, at least, has a reason to be permanently glued to their precious phone. We have one lady come in to where I work and she's constantly talking and not about business or such, it's just gossip and idle chatter.
                I've noticed that too. Most of the "important" people don't really need a cellphone. They only buy them because they're either 1. expensive, or 2. because "everyone else" has one. Also, one thing that annoys the hell out of me, are the people who seem to think that everyone else has to hear about what they had for lunch, or what their doctor told them about that nasty rash, or other stupid crap. Sorry, but nobody cares! Shut the hell up, and get off the damn phone!
                Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                  SC: I am your customer, you should have stayed by me the whole time so you could have assisted me if I needed you to, REGARDLESS (his emphasis) of if I was on the phone or not!
                  Oh, what he MEANT to say was, "You're my butler/personal maid/slave."
                  Now see, if you'd be one of the above with all of your sucky customers, you'd be fine.

Comment

LMAO!

I just posted something like this the day before yesterday. You can see it under
                    ****HELLO?? I DO WORK HERE!!!****

Ha Ha...some customers are so SILLY!
                    It not your personality....

Its your face.

Comment

how "poorly" I treated him. I explained everything to the boss and that was that, but I do not wait hand and foot on people.
                      To the customer:
                      You've heard of the 'Golden Rule', haven't you?
                      Jafar: "Whoever has the gold makes the rule?
                      No, Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
                      I give what I get right back. I give everyone a chance to be welcomed. After that, my reactions depend on you. You treat me poorly, you get treated poorly.

Although, every so often, if I get annoyed enough by a cell phone yammerer, I'll start replying to their end of the conversation. Not when I'm working, just when I'm out and about.
                      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I didn't mind so much if they were on the phone while cashing out, that I'd tolerate. I mean, yeah, it's still rude, but Kinko's was really your "office away from office" kind of thing. People did conduct business in there. As long as I didn't need to talk to you to ring you up, I didn't mind. However if I had a question, I'd barge right in and you and your phone would just have to endure the invasion. Tough.

However, someone placing an order better be damn well ready to place that order when his turn came up. No mercy.

Comment

I have a lot of people come up to place an order and their phone rings, so they answer. I just talk right over them talking to whoever. They then get confused because they can't concentrate on two people at once and tell the person on the phone that they will call them back.

Comment

I flat out ignore people on their cellphone. I see them walking around ... yammering away, I'll ask a different customer if "they need help with anything." Once they hang up, then I'll ask them. Lots of times, especially teenage girls with nothing better to do, will come in, talking on their phone of course, and will just wander idly through the store ... not looking at anything, I don't even think they're fully aware of their surroundings ...
                            This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

...but he had the nerve to call back the next day and complain to my manager about how "poorly" I treated him. I explained everything to the boss and that was that, but I do not wait hand and foot on people. I will not stand idly by while you finish a phone call when I could be doing other things. Your time is valuable and so is mine. Ass.
                              Well, were I your manager I would have responded thusly:
                              Wait a second: you were talking on the phone in our store for twenty minutes, and you think my clerk was being rude to you?
                              In the future, you are to end all phone converstations before approaching any of my clerks for assistance. Failure to observe the basic behaviors of poilte society will get you politely thrown out of the store. Good day.

Comment

I've been forced to evesdrop on thousands of such conversations. I would generously estimate that 5% at most were truly of substance. The rest could easily wait 'til the SC got to their home landline or saw that person face to face.
                                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                                X