Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO the cell phone is a modern day "woobie" or security blanket. So many people talk on phones in public places (not just a quick call but long conversations) not because they have anything to talk about, but because the phone makes them feel important, safe and warm. Especially since the world is a scary place and their mommy can't always come with them to tell them just how popular, good looking and talented they are.
    Rather ironically though, talking on the phone in public doesn't make people look popular or important at all. I wish we could clue by four them en masse, and then video tape the mass hysteria as they realize their "safety blanket" is a portable "Hi! My name is ____, and I am a douchewaffle!" sign. <3

Also of note, when I worked drive thru I noticed that almost every time someone tried to talk on the phone and order, their order was messed up (on their end). So instead of putting the other person on hold and taking a min to place an order, they got to wave their douchewaffle sign and come back to the restaurant and come inside and wait longer. Special douchewaffle points to the people who came in to say their order was wrong who were still on the phone.
    The best revenge is to be unlike him who performed the injury. - Marcus Aurelius
    If you're slower than me, stupider than me, and you taste good...you're dinner - Anthony Bourdain

Memento mori.

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
      ...The rest could easily wait 'til the SC got to their home landline or saw that person face to face.
      what happens if that person doesn't have a land line, and the other person lived in a different state?

Quoth aniwahya View Post
      ....<snip>.....
      to not take it into fratching... the only thing i can say is that i STRONGLY disagree.

Comment

If his time were that valuable, why would he spend so much of it giving you a lecture, annoucing he going to the competion, driving to and shopping at the competion (if that's what he did), then (and this was the bit that really iced it for me) calling your boss the next day to complain?

It sounds a lot more like he has too much time on his hands, really.

Truly busy people are far more practical. They'd either buy the computer right then or they'd simply leave.
        The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

I hate those bluetooth things so much.
          It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
          -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

OMG try having pax on a plane who won't turn their phones off. They do as I tell them too quite quickly when I point out loudly that they are delaying our flight I LOVE the death stares the other pax give the offending party.
            No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

Quoth CorDarei View Post
              what happens if that person doesn't have a land line, and the other person lived in a different state?
              The point was that the phone conversation could wait. To paraphase the Animal House dean: A phone growing out of your hand is no way to go through life.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I have a distinct feeling that the guy is one of those "can't win, don't try" types when having to deal with him.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I've dealt with that kind of B.S. So I won't re-hash the whole damn story here, I'll just link:

My thread about cell phone suck

Short version: I refused to speak to the cell phone chatter, just rang her up, and she accused ME of being rude for not speaking to her.
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth CorDarei View Post
                    Then that person was doubly an idiot for not having a landline.

Cell phones don't magically stop working when one gets home, either. (Mostly. Only T-Mo and Verizon seem to cover my house very well at all. )
                    Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Working...
                    X