• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth crazylegs View Post
    I do take up quite a bit of space...
    I'm sure I can fit you in. hehehe
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Mrs. IA never leaves me alone at the Lego Store. She knows I will probably bring half the store home with me.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Meh. At least the kids are there to play with and look at Legos, not to clog up the entire store with 20 of their closest friends, or steal, or open up the makeup so we have to throw it out, or just be general pains in the ass with no fear or respect for authority.

I go through this about once a month. >_<
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth The Hurting View Post
          Last year, there was another mom who left her toddler son outside the (now by the service desk) bathrooms. The whole time, the boy kept asking me where "mommy" was.
          Did the kid ask, "Are you my mummy?"
          Last edited by Mr Hero; 03-27-2014, 03:54 AM.
          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
            Did the kid ask, "Are you my mummy?"

Unfortunately, he didn't. BTW, are you a fellow Whovian as well?
            "Any kind of hereditary privilege is wrong, it's not just anti-democracy, it's just like inherent wrong" - Robert Smith

Comment

I don't see why the first reaction isn't to call the cops. All it takes is something to happen to that kid and bam the store is getting sued. If I had store and parents did that I would call cops first every time. NO bsing. How many times do we hear about kids getting grabbed in bathrooms, molested in a store, etc. My boys are 11 and 9 and their younger brother is 2. I kid you not. They are NEVER without a parent. I stand outside the mens room and wait for them to come out.

They wander off they get an earful.

Comment

Quoth cleorose View Post
                I don't see why the first reaction isn't to call the cops. All it takes is something to happen to that kid and bam the store is getting sued. If I had store and parents did that I would call cops first every time. NO bsing. How many times do we hear about kids getting grabbed in bathrooms, molested in a store, etc. My boys are 11 and 9 and their younger brother is 2. I kid you not. They are NEVER without a parent. I stand outside the mens room and wait for them to come out.

They wander off they get an earful.
                Agreed! I'm always astonished at the shops that give people warnings. Will these idiots give warnings before they sue? Of course not! Don't call them back, don't give them a chance to abuse you, just call the police immediately!
                "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                  When I was a toddler, there was a casual childcare place at the shopping centre Mum most often used.
                  She actually made arrangements (in advance) with them to drop me there when she went into labour with my brother. So she would drop me off there whenever she was shopping, so I would both be out of her hair, and would be with familiar people when baby bro decided to come.
                  IKEA has a casual childcare place where you can drop kidlets off while you do your shopping. (Although they encourage kids to come along as well and have places in the restaurant for kidlets to eat)

There's a well-known furniture store in Adelaide that also has a childcare place. Mum dropped me off there once while she and dad were shopping for some furniture. It was AWESOME. They had a ballpit. When mum came along to pick me up, I freaked out and didn't want to go!
                  The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                    ... They had a ballpit. When mum came along to pick me up, I freaked out and didn't want to go!
                    Last week, right?
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                      Last week, right?
                      Oh har.

Oh har har.

No.

Comment

Oh har.

Oh har har.

No.
                        Yesterday.
                        "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Quoth KatherineB View Post
                          Yesterday.
                          I work with kids....while I'm still a kid at heart sometimes, I am capable of walking through the IKEA store

Comment

... I am capable of walking through the IKEA store
                            Thoroughly exercising all the display models...
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                              I'm sure I can fit you in. hehehe
                              Braggart

Quoth KatherineB View Post
                              Agreed! I'm always astonished at the shops that give people warnings. Will these idiots give warnings before they sue? Of course not! Don't call them back, don't give them a chance to abuse you, just call the police immediately!
                              Actually, I think it's better to call the parents or give a warning first. I'm sure this happens frequently enough that if the police start getting too many calls as the first solution to the problem, they will get annoyed and stop responding quickly. They're much better if you've at least tried to solve the problem peaceably yourself.
                              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Warning : All Children Left Unattended will be given copious amounts of sugar and a free kitten.
                                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
                                X