Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She's Late! For an Very Important Date!

or in this case Airplane.

I had served a customer yesterday and she didn't seem all that bad. She complained though that she hadn't been able to find our traveling pillows and she had gone up and down all the aisle looking for them and couldn't find them, even though apparently one of my co-workers told her were they were. Sad thing was that I looked past her and from where I was standing from my til, I could see a traveling pillow sticking out like a sore thumb. I pointed it out and she wandered down the aisle even though she told me that she needed to go and catch a plane. Mind you she didn't sound whiny, or I was just too tired to pick up on it at all at that point in the day.

Eventually She's back in the line and pays for her pillow and the customer that was behind her is giving her a less them pleased look and makes some sort of comment. Confused I asked him about it.

He informed me that the woman came back to my til, after a line had formed and kept going on and on about needing to get to the airport and how late she was. He and the lady behind him decided to allow her to jump in front of them so that she could leave a bit faster and all she did while in line was grumble and complain some more and when she left she didn't thank either of them. The two customers informed me of this and I gave them a thanks for being nice enough to allow her ahead of them even if the woman didn't show her thanks.

On the plus side, Today a boy and his mother came through the line and his mother realized that she didn't have any money or her debit card (We don't accept Credit for whatever reason). Now the little boy had picked out a spiderman toy and when he was told he had to put it back, he commented about how he was going to miss him. He didn't understand why his mom couldn't get him his toy and it didn't help that he was being pretty well behaved. The man behind them, got my attention and told me to run the toy through and give it to the boy. I did so and had to get the mother's attention (which was a bit hard as she was trying to get her son to calm down) and told her that the gentleman had paid for it. The mother and her son thanked him and they left and I thanked him as well as it was a really nice thing for him to do. He told me that he had children so he could understand. It was a nice thing to see and it made me really happy

that gentleman in the 2nd instance is a legend, what a great thing to do!

Comment

That was nice of him. You don't see that often.

I did see a little girl in a Goodwill store carrying around a toy guitar. Her mom told her to put it back, she'd come back the next day for it. Little girl says "I want it FOR FREE!" She was cute, though, not obnoxious about it. And she put it back.

As they were going out the door, one of the staff came over and gave her the guitar. Cue biggest smile you ever saw
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
      X