X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Politician Pokemon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxVHS...layer_embedded

A look at Australia's elections/political leaders since 1949.

Done as if they were Pokemon matches.

Best line ever (obviously spliced) is at about 2:15.

The line: 'I really like f***ing President Bush." (from John Howard)
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

I don't have a clue about Australian politics (I'm in the U.S.), but it was pretty funny to watch!
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Oh! They even got the backstabbing included!
      That was cool (and sadly kinda informative).

Comment

OK, long story short about a few of the PM's shown:

Harold Holt-disappeared mysteriously while swimming one day. His body hasn't been recovered since then.

John McEwen/John Gorton-after Harold Holt's disappearance, John McEwen was called to hold the fort down while they prepared for an election. John Gorton was elected PM. (the Country Party is now known as the National Party and they're in a coalition with the Liberal Party)

Vote of No Confidence-basically a term in politics where the opposing party attempts to force the current PM/Premier (depending on if its federal or state) out of government by calling for the motion. If it's passed, the standing PM/Premier must either resign or the current government must call an election. There have been very few votes of no confidence used.

Gough Whitlam-imposed our current universal health care system, ended conscription and implemented legal aid programs.

Bob Hawke-mainly responsible for economic reforms and was also the only PM to gain the highest approval rating in the polls.

Paul Keating-known for being a bit of a fruit loop in parliament. Having said that, he was probably the BEST known for establishing our cultural and economic ties with the Asian countries nearest to us. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90eUwR1EHSI)

John Howard: one of the longer serving PMs, the main issue he had around the time of his defeat was WorkChoices. Not a popular move.

Comment

Bit of a bump, even though it's a bit old:

The answer to the Tony Abbott vs. Julia Gillard move?

Julia Gillard uses assist!
          Assist is super effective!

(Her political party formed a minority government with the aid of two of the independents)

Comment

This is awesome! I too knew little (if anything) about Australian politics-- but now I know more! And it was pretty funny to see Pokemon stuff like that... even though I've only gotten ahold of ... some version for a really old gameboy thing (pre 2000?) from a friend's garage sale, and played for maybe 5 hours. It's just something that seeps into your consciousness from internet exposure. XD
            "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
            "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Working...
            X