This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is why you FAIL.. (quite long)

In my former life as a barista for evil galactic Empirebucks.. I had a surprisingly modest # of SCs on a day in-day out basis. However, those I did encounter failed colossally, and lately I'd been sort of compiling a mental list.. So here goes.. Case Histories in episodes of Failure.

Woman.. you fail. I usually would not have thought twice when you ordered your venti, extra pump, mocha frappuccino lite with extra, extra whip, and extra, extra caramel drizzle. Except for the fact that you informed me you were ordering the "lite" version because you are "on a diet." Oh, such failure. First off, when Vaderbucks offers a "lite" selection, this does not mean "health food." It supposedly means the 24 ounces of sweet, creamy, chocolaty goodness you've just ordered is slightly less toxic than the non-"lite" version. But your failure increases exponentially when you drown that sweet frozen nectar of dairy creaminess with torrents of whip cream, which is not "lite" in the slightest, and the 3-inch thick layer of caramel sauce which you've insisted we cover your confection with. You've eliminated any beneficial health advantages to ordering the "lite" selection after the first dab of whip cream and the first smattering of caramel, and now have gone off into the realm of heart-stopping, life-shortening gluttony. Again, completely your business. But to sit here and tell me you are choosing your massive drink for dietary reasons, I can only conclude FAILURE, on an epic scale. Oh, and bonus points as you have chosen to wash down your delectable frozen nightmare with a piece of "reduced fat" blueberry coffee cake. again, deluded into thinking "reduced fat" = "healthy." FAIL. Ask yourself sometime.. reduced from what? A gallon of pure lard? Your coffee cake checks in at a modest 320 calories and 6 grams of fat. Not bad for a dessert, but in addition to the frozen monstrosity you just ordered, another straw of failure on the proverbial camel's back.

Sir, you fail. Your order of a grande soy latte was simple enough, until the part where you had to pay. It seems the idea of having to pay .40 additional for soy milk was foreign to you, and unacceptable. Why? Because the DickCheneybucks you usually go to, some 5 miles away, "never charges me for soy." Well, great. But I have to, and furthermore I informed you that the other store should have this whole time. What might a reasonable, non-failing at life SC do in this situation? Maybe pay their stinking 40 cents, leave, and realize all this time they've been getting a little something extra without paying. But of course not him. Better to rant and rave at me, consider this an "outrage," and finally, refuse to pay for the drink and let us know you're going back to the other store. Oh, the very many levels of exquisite failure. First off, this was already at the point when gas was exhorbantly overpriced, so your 5 mile journey in your giant SUV will surely cost you far more than the 40 cents you will be "saving." (Of course precious SC "principle" can be priceless). Secondly, I was telling the truth. not my rule, whether I agree or not. Gotta charge you for the soy. (It even says so on our menu). And finally, overhearing this whole exchange was the manager. Now my manager was relatively cool, but was in total corporate ass-sucking mode at the time, because he wanted to move up from managerhood to corporate. so what do you think he did the second soy milk SC left? Called manager at other store and informed him some of his baristas were giving away soy without charging. Oh, what sweet, exquisite failure you've wrought upon yourself. Final verdict = FAIL.

And last but not least. You, entitled jack-ass who wants to pay for his $3 latte with a $100. Yes, you fail. Depending on when you come in, and what kind of mood the shift supervisor and/or manager is in, we might open our $20 bills drop box and change out your stupid-ass $100. However, if you've happen to come in when they've just changed out our till, or made a safe drop, sorry but you're S.O.L. So your arguments of "What? it's 2 pm, I know you have enough money to change $100," fails. Astute observation Lance Corporal Failsalot, However, amazingly we have a more advanced cash-handling system than to stuff our tills full of cash till they burst. We even have a safe, believe it or not, and maybe we don't want the reputation to go around town that by afternoons and evenings, we have giant wads of cash on hand for say, thieves to come rob us for, genius. (My store was in a fairly high-crime area, with armed robberies of restaurants and such fairly common.) Failure #2, there are oh about, 75 banks within a one-mile radius. When offered that as an alternative, you invoked the "SC principle" defense and refused. Very well SC. We will take your rants of "terrible customer service" to heart as you exit into the bleak emptiness of your failure-ridden existence. The jury's final decision = FAIL.

There are more where this came from, and I'll add them on as I remember them.
    Last edited by BaristaTrav; 06-02-2008, 04:48 PM.
    I will never go to school!

On one...EW just ew that much whip cream? Ick I don't mind the caramel however, that stuff is yummy.

On two...OWNED!

On Three....pompous ass, he deserves to leave a 97 dollar tip. So MEH!

Comment

It must be tough going around in life getting really pissed off about 40 cents and things like that. It's not healthy to be mad all the time.

But I guess when you live in a world in which you do not receive all you're entitled to, it must be frustrating.
      Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Quoth Apathy View Post
        It must be tough going around in life getting really pissed off about 40 cents and things like that. It's not healthy to be mad all the time.

But I guess when you live in a world in which you do not receive all you're entitled to, it must be frustrating.

Unfortunately, a lot of stores are inconsistent about charging for the little extras (like soy, extra pumps, chocolate drizzle, etc) and that causes suckiness when an SC wanders into a different store that actually charges for the stuff they are supposed to.

Comment

Entitlemen Whore numero uno; Oh my gourd, I thought I was going to go into a sugar coma just reading that! Just... oh gross....

Idjit with the Massive SUVtrying to saveyour WHOPPING 40 cents! Get a bike!

Mr. I'm-paying for a $3 drink with a hundred dollar bill! CHARGE IT!
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

On one...EW just ew that much whip cream? Ick I don't mind the caramel however, that stuff is yummy.
            sad fact is, most idiots think that by 'ordering the lite version' will allow them to get away with all sorts of nasty levels of add on crap. um, no; you haven't saved shiite by ordering lite, unless you leave off the crap; better yet, just get an iced latte with a bit of extra sweetner, and you come out ahead.

all frappucinos are nothing but death in a cup, with or without extras.

dipshit #2 needs a reality check on sooo many levels, it's hard to know where to begin, so i'll leave it at what you've already said, trav: EPIC FAIL.

dipshit #3 you know, they have this place that changes out all bills, large or small and have done so for many years; what is this modern miracle, you say?

A BANK, moron. take that $100 there and change it there, like you SHOULD, rather than treat a business as your personal change bank.

sadly, i have encountered all three types, some even in combinations of the above *shudders.*
            look! it's ghengis khan!
            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
              Entitlemen Whore numero uno; Oh my gourd, I thought I was going to go into a sugar coma just reading that! Just... oh gross....

I'd get a good 5 of those per shift. You want to throw down a 1000+ calorie 3/4 quart sugar coma-inducing death bomb down your gullet like a hungry alligator, more power to you. But when you tell me you're doing it because you're on a diet.. I must decide whether to laugh at or weep for humanity.

Comment

Quoth BaristaTrav View Post
                I'd get a good 5 of those per shift. You want to throw down a 1000+ calorie 3/4 quart sugar coma-inducing death bomb down your gullet like a hungry alligator, more power to you. But when you tell me you're doing it because you're on a diet.. I must decide whether to laugh at or weep for humanity.
                Nothing is left in humanity, so you might as well take the healthy route and laugh at it. (laughing is good for you)
                Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

You know, I go through this little local drive thru shack for my cup of morning jo.

I gotta tell you these guys are the bomb! They know me by name, are always happy to see me, we chat it up and they're always giving me free shots, undercharging me, giving me extra espresso beans and extra stamps on my loyalty card.

So when I go in there and they charge me for shots or only give me one espresso bean do I make a fuss? Hell no! I realize they're making exceptions that they don't have to make and I appreciate that and no matter what I tip them well.

I absolutely despise people like the second guy in the OP who bitch and moan that, "They've never been charged for such and such" instead of appreciating what's been done for them.
                  I don't like your attitude!
                  Yeah? Well you're not EATING my attitude!

Comment

When I worked at Dunkin Donuts, we had a regular who would order coffee coolattas with skim milk and whiped cream. Never got that one either.
                    I have PMS and a black belt. Any questions?

This random moment is brought to you by the letters A D and D.

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
                      all frappucinos are nothing but death in a cup, with or without extras.
                      Tasty, tasty, death in a cup.

The only reason I go there is to get something incredibly bad for me, 'cause I can make a cup of coffee at home, and I see no reason to shell out that much for just coffee.
                      The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth Delphae View Post
                        When I worked at Dunkin Donuts, we had a regular who would order coffee coolattas with skim milk and whiped cream. Never got that one either.
                        I know someone who likes whip cream but can't stand 2%, maybe thats their dig too?

Comment

Quoth Apathy View Post
                          Amen. While I am the sort of person who will dodge traffic to retrieve a penny I see in the street...I learned a long time ago that paying a few cents extra for that bit of extra goodness for food was always well worth it. I mean, it's my choice if I wanna pay a bit extra for double cheese...I wouldn't expect them to just do it for free. (Although it was pretty sweet getting that done for free a few times recently...even if I did have to live through "Ah, not gonna charge the preggy woman having her cravings over a couple pieces of cheese!" )
                          By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Oh I know this feeling!

I used to work as an evil barista as well! (for the Aussies my company was owned partly by Hillsong...)

I had a lady order:
                            -4 scones with cream
                            -1 piece of Mortal sin cheese cake
                            -1 Large (read; cup the size of my head!) Iced Creme Brulee with a double shot of coffee and a triple shot of caramel, extra cream (Again about the size of my head)

Then said with a straight face "But skim milk.. cause I'm a on a diet" WTF! What is wrong with these people!

Comment

Quoth Delphae View Post
                              As a personal matter of taste I prefer the taste of skim milk to whole milk. I don't know that it would much change the flavor of coffee all that much, but that may be why they wanted it with skim milk.

Comment

Working...
                              X