X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O.o.....robot brothels....

http://www.news.com.au/technology/sc...-1226331531700

The prediction that by the year 2050, there will be robots prostitutes.

My only question is: "1 $300 hooker-bot, or 300 $1 hooker-bots"
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Meh, if they design robots that want sex, then we're going to need brothels for them.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
      The prediction that by the year 2050, there will be robot prostitutes.
      #5 robot will need one for his Robot Blues.
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Woah. Did anyone else have a hard time remembering that they were NOT reading an except from Tanith Lee's The Silver Metal Lover? Holy CRAP. Talk about life imitating art.

Um...so....

can I pre-order Silver?

What?

Comment

And if you spend too much time in robot brothels, you get sent to robot hell.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Welcome to the First Church of Appliantology....

Comment

They said clients would pay $9500 for an "all-inclusive service", featuring lap dances and intercourse from "a range of sexual gods and goddesses of different ethnicities, body shapes, ages, languages and sexual features".
              At that price, not too many human clients. Perhaps if that was the purchase price of a sexbot, some humans would buy one as it would be cheaper than marrying and getting a human wife that needs more than a routine clean and lube at a garage. Shades of Cherry2000
              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

See? This is why unemployment is so high! Replacing everything with robots! And quality will suffer! Sure, I can get a trick from a robot and it'll get the "job" done, but where's the human touch?
                I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Best part of the ENTIRE article was the fact they used pics of the Fembots. That made my day.
                  By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                    Only got around to seeing that two months back. Slightly better love story than ...

Sorry, too easy.

Rapscallion

Comment

to be honest i don't mind this idea.

cos... i don't think it will "end" human trafficking - cos there will always be an underground market. but it may help take a bite out of it at least.

plus hey, less apt to have an STD. assuming the robots are cleaned properly.

although ... it mentioned lap-dances too. this may not be appreciated in the adult industry. cos it could be a financial threat for stripping and exotic dancing markets.

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                        Best part of the ENTIRE article was the fact they used pics of the Fembots. That made my day.
                        Now I'm imagining the robrostitutes having Bea Arthur's voice. *shudders*

Death by snu-snu!

Comment

pop cherry = pop gasket?

"You'll be hooked on us!"
                          "Please insert 10 credits or 20 USD for [push button selection here]"
                          "Add credits to change hair color! Add credits for asset size change!"
                          Come Get Some RoBOOty!
                          In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                          She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Quoth Lachrymose View Post
                            Now I'm imagining the robrostitutes having Bea Arthur's voice. *shudders*

Death by snu-snu!
                            And I realized I'm getting some movies and TV shows mixed up...heh...

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                              Shades of Cherry2000
                              LMAO I actually remember watching that and thinking "WTH where they smoking when they made this movie?"
                              The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                              X