This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Seshat View Post
    And assured me that I had done the right thing: that they'd prefer me to tell them, when I was unsure, rather than have them called out to deal with a worse matter latter.
    (Both were police cases, not ambulance, but I suspect the same applies to ambulance and to fire.)
    Absolutely. I'd much rather go to a dozen false alarms than someone not ring and the patient suffer as a result.
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
      All hotel folk on this board: please do call for the professionals if something like this happens to you.
      Seconded! And not just for hotel folks, but across the board.

I work in a library and had a wheelchair user's carer tell us that they were helping them back into the chair from the toilet seat and somehow the person didn't make it into the chair--not injured, but unfortunately on the floor and could we help get them back in the chair. I called the police nonemergency line since the carer stressed it was NOT an emergency and they didn't want an ambulance. Can't remember if it was the cops or paramedics who came, but they got the person back into their chair, no issues. Now I know there was no scam going on in my case, but personally, I did not feel qualified to help someone into a wheelchair--and neither did the rest of my staff.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
        Sounds superb. I'd leave a seriously good five-star review on every website possible for such a well-thought-out room.
        I do tend to. I still think I should set up as a handicap access consultant. I just need to go back to school for something like architecture to qualify.
        Quoth Seshat View Post

I want a bathroom like that in my HOUSE! To find it in a hotel would be heaven indeed.
        Hell, I would uproot the room and bathroom and design a house around it! I love a good comfortable room that is well designed!
        Quoth dalesys View Post
        Was that at a Ladle Hamwrecker, Cheyenne or Muddleofnowhere?
        (Pumped fuels at Muddleofnowhere, wife housekept, Loosewheel sister waitronned, and we all lived on the plantation and babysat the summer of '72.)
        Rock Springs Quality Inn. We tend to stay in that corp chain, we have found that the Choice group is decent quality for the price. The staffing tend to be polite and the rooms are always clean. We don't mind if something is older or not absolutely this years decorating scheme as long as it is comfortable and clean.
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth camjuniper View Post
          Now I know there was no scam going on in my case, but personally, I did not feel qualified to help someone into a wheelchair--and neither did the rest of my staff.
          That's another good point. How many people are trained in how to safely pick up and/or carry a fully-grown person? Very, very few. It would be too easy to injure yourself or the other person in trying to help if you are not trained in how to do it correctly. You did the right thing in calling for medical help.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
            Absolutely this. I would not ask if they want an ambulance; I would just call one and let them tell the paramedics that they don't want help. Then it's on the record, not only that you tried to get them help, but also the help's time of arrival, so they can't go whining back to corporate that they were lying there in agonizing pain for hours (well, they can, but that won't stand up long ...)
            Not much of a problem for the SC. After all, they merely "move back" the time of the fall, so that the staff ignored/dismissed them for hours before finally calling the paramedics.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth manybellsdown View Post
              I've been in hotels that had a phone in the bathroom by the tub, but that was a looong time ago. I don't think they do that anymore.
              Oh yes they do I stayed at a nice hotel a few weeks ago, and I believe I was put in an accessible room. There was a phone right beside the toilet.

Comment

If a customer falls and claims injury CALL 911. Do not try to assist the customer up.

Nobody has Xray vision. There is no way to know if there is a serious injury or not. It's better to play it safe and let the paramedics deal with it. The customer can refuse EMS services when EMS arrives, and then the liability is on the customer, not the CSR or the store/hotel/whatever.

Check your policies and procedures; if you violate them assisting a "fallen" customer, you could find yourself injured and not covered by workman's comp.
                They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
                X