This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Section - Forum Games

I've created a new section called 'Forum Games'. All those forum-based games, if they get enough momentum behind them, will end up in there so they'll be easy to find.

You shouldn't be able to start a thread in there unless you're a moderator/admin, so start any games you want in the OT section and if they're popular we'll move them in.

Rapscallion

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
    All those forum-based games, if they get enough momentum behind them, will end up in there so they'll be easy to find.
    Relevant section, people. Not all games will immediately be moved there. Just the ones that seem to have staying power.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

That's cool
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

That's wonderful
        Meeeeoooow.....
        Still missing you, Plaid

Comment

Yup. ^^

My new game already got moved; wow. O_o
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Rebumping this to bring it to people's attention. Some people seem to have forgotten that threads cannot be created in Forum Games, and new games won't be moved immediately.
            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Just bumping this as a reminder.

We keep getting messages and reports about games in the OT section, or people asking why they can't start a new thread in Games.

We will move the games to the "Games" forum when we see that they have developed enough of a following.

Not to discourage reporting, because sometimes, we mods do get busy and forget to tend to the housekeeping, and a reminder is always nice.

Just wanted to explain why we may not jump on it and move it simply because it gets reported.
              Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Bumping this again as a reminder.

There still seems to be confusion about how the games forum works.

Remember - the games do get started in Off Topic, and have to be moved to the Games forum by a mod, only if they spark some interest and develop a following.
                (At least to the second page and double digit number of actual player posts is a good indicator.)

So, to recap, members cannot post in the Games forum.
                Only mods have the permission to post in Games, or to move threads here.
                Not all games will be moved to the Games forum.

So, if you see a game posted in OT, there is no need to report it as being in the wrong forum, unless you feel the mods have missed a game that has enough interest.
                Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Bumping again as a reminder.

While we do appreciate anyone who takes the time to report items (particularly as we do tend to nag ya'll about it - ), please check out this thread.

We only move to Forum Games after one has sparked an interest. Ree explains it pretty eloquently above.

Thanks!
                  Last edited by Peppergirl; 11-12-2014, 07:13 AM. Reason: because Ree's explanation is ABOVE not BELOW. Geez...lol
                  "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Working...
                  X