This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's been a blast

As previously mentioned, I'm hanging around for some time to come, mostly in an advisory capacity. However, it would be ill-mannered of me not to make some mention as the site has now been handed over officially.

It's been a wild ride, but it wouldn't have been possible without a slew of volunteers helping along the way. The mods have kept me as much on the straight and narrow, as well as making sure that the threads ran on time wherever necessary, and several have been here longer than I have. Too many names have been and gone over the years, but things would not have been possible without the assistance of this volunteer crew who worked for free to keep a place they cherished.

On the technical side, GBM put a lot of work in in the early days. For the last few years, that mantle was passed to Pedersen and his skills in keeping a server running as it should. Both were invaluable to making sure the posts got to you.

All too often, I've just been the person who paid the bills, whereas all the above did the work. I don't want to neglect one group, though - you, the members. We're here for you to vent, we're here for you to celebrate - we're a community. None of it would have been worth it without you.

The future looks to be in capable hands, so if we want to make the most of it, then where safe get the name of the site out to people you meet, and let's get this site and community dancing more than ever before!

Thanks folks, and I'll be over *there*

Rapscallion

You forgot one group - the idiots we deal with at work, without whom there would be nothing to post about.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

And I think a big thank you to you for helping run this place,and keeping (most of) the riff raff out. There have been some forums where trolls abound,spammers pop up left right and centre,there's snarkiness and bitchiness. That doesn't happen here and that's why it's such an enjoyable place to come visit.Let's hope the new modly beings keep up the standard!
      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

^^^Amen to that!
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Thank you RAPS. I can't believe how long I've been here ... 5 years since I stumbled in! This site has been a lifesaver in more ways than one. A place to vent, get and give advice, and a place to feel loved on those days when you can't believe you will EVER be loved. This has been a great community, and please the deities it will continue to be so.

RAPS and Pedersen (who shares my name **) have done a tremendous job keeping the site working. The MODS - too many to mention - keep us on the straight and narrow, often to their disgust. Is there a community for MODS of sites like this??? They probably need it ;-)

Anyway. thanks for the good times and memories and welcome to the new overlord! You picked a great site to sponsor/purchase and hopefully we'll live up to your expectations!

Comment

Thank you from me too, Raps. I wondered (after reading Teefies' comment) how long I'd been a member, and on the 23rd of this month it will be 6 years..

I love this community, the way we all comfort and help and support each other, but in particular I thank you because this is where I met Mytical.
            Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Thanks to Raps for everything! And, good luck!

People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Hats off to you, Raps! And a big wet kiss!!!

Peeps, let's keep this awesome place going!!
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I don't have the words enough to thank you Raps. You worked your fingers to the bone to make this place awesome and it shows.

You will be missed but I think after this many years you deserve a break.

Rock on, my friend.

Rock on.
                  "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

You inherited a good place, and you leave it even better. That's how it should be, but often isn't.
                    I hope you will have time to post a few stories of your own .

Comment

Thank you, Raps.
                      Quote Dalesys:
                      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Thanks for your years of hard work and dedication raps!

Comment

Thank you Raps!
                          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

What can I say, but..

"For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Raps, thank you for all you have done on this site for the past many years.

Speaking of length of CS membership, I'm going on ten years!

Mike
                              Meow.........

Comment

Working...
                              X