Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooooh, I hate it when people do this. I really do. Drives me nuts. But I didn't notice a proclamation had been passed on it <3

Comment

Just a reminder folks:

People have not stopped asking what the suck was. Mods have not stopped handing out infractions.
      I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
        Just a reminder folks:

People have not stopped asking what the suck was. Mods have not stopped handing out infractions.

That's not sucky. Stop complaining. Its your job.

Plaidman: Hoping mods get the joke.
        Military Spouse Support.
        http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
        Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

As Spiffy pointed out, we've had to hand out yet another infraction over this. And there's no reason for it. This announcement has been up since last September, which should have been more than enough time for people to read it and understand it.

These announcements are much like the signs that are up in our places of employment, the ones we complain that the customers don't bother reading. And believe me, it annoys the moderating team when our members don't read them, just as much as it annoys you when your customers don't read them.
          Sometimes life is altered.
          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
          Uneasy with confrontation.
          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

This is good - I remember when I first joined when I posted about my hellish 18 months at my previous workplace that I was largely brushed off in a similar manner to what is described here. Mind you, I am still reluctant to post some accounts (including Sightings, Management and Praising coworkers) - I have posted some to test the waters, but...

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
              That's not sucky. Stop complaining. Its your job.

Plaidman: Hoping mods get the joke.
              For some reason, I'm not getting the "joke" as you put it.

*pauses to blow her sore, runny nose that's stuffing up*

Sorry . . . dealing with a cold, but anyway would you care to explain the post?
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I think Plaidman was having a bit of a laugh.

He was doing exactly what Spiffy had asked not to do, just to be a smartass.

I think it was done all in fun.
                Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
                  I think Plaidman was having a bit of a laugh.

He was doing exactly what Spiffy had asked not to do, just to be a smartass.

I think it was done all in fun.
                  Okay, on that note, I'm going to go sit in the corner for awhile.
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Yeah I was just doing it to be a smartypants in jest.
                    Military Spouse Support.
                    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Better a smartass than a dumbass, right?

I know I know, it's an oldie but a goodie...
                      "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

Quoth JuniorMintz View Post
                        Better a smartass than a dumbass, right?

I know I know, it's an oldie but a goodie...
                        I've been accused of being a smartass before. My standard reply:

My mom didn't raise a dumbass.
                        Last edited by Boozy; 06-18-2009, 11:47 PM. Reason: Fixed those quote tags for ya

Comment

Just a quick bump of the thread, folks. Nice little reminder.

Rapscallion

Comment

Thank you again, Raps.
                            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

There's a lot to be said for style too.

Take GK for example. Many of the events he comments on aren't particularly sucky, but it's the way he tells the story that makes him the undisputed grand master of interplanetary SC stories.

(Really obscure movie reference there, respect and admiration from an obscure movie lover to whomever spots it.)

He probably wouldn't be as deified if he wrote "Drunk guy called the phone center, loud guy was on the skytrain, girl at 7-11 was dressed like a ho"

On the opposite end of the spectrum, someone may have dealt with some horrific gawd-awful piratemonkeyrobot hellbeast of an SC, but may not have the story-telling skills to properly express the horror...the horror...

Personally, I try to tell my SC run-ins comedically. If you aren't laughing at my suffering, what's the point of going through it.
                              Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

A good reminder - am still a bit reluctant to speak of the current fun and games happening at the school-turning-circus that I currently are entertaining in...

Comment

Working...
                                X