Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you say things like "Fruits of the their loins"? (or FOTTL)?
    (as an aside, that is an actual nickname for me from my Dad - Fruit...I know, my family is weird)
    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

I think "Fruits of their labor" would be more humorous.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Okay folks, let's recap...again.

Anything that's offensive is what's being targeted. Personally, I can't see how "fruits of loins/labor" is offensive by itself, but as the saying goes, it's in the eye of the beholder (which ain't always us).

Basically we're after things that are above and beyond the call of duty as far as being either gross, rude, unnecessarily graphic, or all of the above. We're not going to produce a list of "bad" words because we count on our members to possess the ability to respect their fellow CSers and to refrain from posting things that condemn entire groups of people for their choices (or worse, condemn entire groups of people for choices they didn't make, since we're talking about kids here). Similarly, we also expect our members to know when something is actually meant to cause offense and when it's not, and not to simply fly off the handle at every perceived slight. (As you might expect, we've got our jobs cut out for us on that one. )

So, short story long, I'd say that "fruits of loins" or "fruits of labor" (nice double-meaning there, too, Blas) could be acceptable depending on the context.
        Not all who wander are lost.

Comment

Crotch Droppings. I forgot about that. Good thing you will never have to worry about me using names like that about children.
          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Strongest names I use (but NOT on here!!!eleventy!) are "spawn" or "brat". On here, I usually refer to them as kiddies. XD
            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

I don't think we've had a complaint about referring to unruly kids as "brats." "Spawn" also seems harmless enough, but I'm not certain about that one.
              Sometimes life is altered.
              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
              Uneasy with confrontation.
              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                "Spawn" also seems harmless enough, but I'm not certain about that one.
                No, I remember there's been problems with that one.
                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

"Spawn" still has very negative connotations. I believe it's because it's usually used in tandem with "demon".

I have no problem with "brat" to describe a misbehaving child.
                  A bad child is a brat.
                  However, when children misbehave, that is more on the parents than the child, and I feel it's really unfair to slap those nasty, derogatory labels on.
                  Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

I usually put "frog" in front of "spawn", myself. XD Or I use it as a word by itself.

I'd also call any adult who was acting childishly a "brat"; and sometimes, the child is misbehaving all by itself, with no blame attached to the parent. So how is that unfair? I was a brat sometimes when a child; and my parents were good parents. I misbehaved, got my brothers into trouble, broke their rules and did things, like smoking, that they were vehemently against. However, I chose to do all these things so if someone had labeled me a brat, it would have been completely fair. I'd say it was an age thing; labeling a tantruming toddler as a "brat" could be considered unfair; labeling a seven year old as one, not; they are capable of choosing to behave badly, sometimes even if their parents are trying their best to deal with their child's bad behaviour.
                    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Lace is quite right about adults being brats, however, we have more creative names for adults who misbehave
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I don't think there needs to be any more discussion.

We have asked you not to use derogatory names for children, so don't do it.

As has been said repeatedly, we are not going to post a list of what is and isn't allowed, because we expect the membership to have the intelligence to determine on their own what's acceptable.
                        Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

OK, people! I just had to remove yet another offensive child reference. I'm starting to feel like we mods are just talking to ourselves, and I for one am getting tired of it.

This is the final warning. Next person who does it gets an infraction.

Comment

Just another reminder for some of our newer members. We've having a few problems again.

Remember - it's your responsibility as a forum member to check the Site News section regularly and keep yourself up-to-date on the rules.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Just bumping this up to remind everyone that posting about one's prejudice against children is just as must against the rules here as posting about one's prejudice against any other group of people.

So no bashing children or making unpleasant generalizations about them.

Now lets get back to bashing those sucky customers.
                              The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Unfortunately, we have to bump this one yet again.

Comment

Working...
                                X