This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth traylk View Post
    I promptly told my boss that if she wanted to threaten my job over this I think the president of the company would like to know what is going on. (He has his home phone and cell phone numbers posted in every store incase any employee needs/wants to talk to him) Especially since the company's motto is...."Taking care of our people....on both sides of the counter".
    Traylk, I live near Austin, and I would love to support the business of an owner that is so readily accessible to his employees! If you're ok with it, would you pm me the business, so I can start spending some money there? I'll also be happy to tell the boss just what she can do with it!
    Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

I remember when I was just out of high school, I was taking the train from Oceanside to Anaheim for a week so I could continue taking a summer college course while on vaction (I was 18 and my parents didn't trust me to make it to class while they were gone, so the train it was). Any way, one morning I was seating ont he ground, waiting for the train amd finishing my homework, when the train pulls in. I pack up, wait for passagers to get off, and that's when I see her, a very pregnant woman with two little ones, a car seat and a stroller, trying to get off the train, with no one helping her on her trip. As I start to walk up to help her the train's three conductors walk past, say good morning and continue on their merry way. I know but wait it gets better before I get to her four business men, in their nice suits, try to shove past her and get on the trian, one of them nearly knock the smallest child out of her arms. I finally got to her (it took my a while as I had twisted my ankle the day before) said, "Let me." and took the stroller from her, reached up for the car seat, and then offered her my arm so she could get down safely. I never got her name because by the time we got her and her children safely off the train I had to jump on or risk missing it altogether. Although she did say thank you. Back on the trainI had to stand until the next stop becasue all the seats had filled up while I (the 18 year-old female) was busy doing what the gentlemen (conductors, business men)should have done.
      Is it insanity to reason with the voices in your head or to ignore them and hope they go away on their own? - Hod from Brat-halla

"You're the nicest evil person I know" one of my managers to me

Comment

Every time I've went to Wal-Mart, the cashier has seen my baby related things then insisted on loading heavy items into the cart for me. I don't expect it but it's nice that people are still courteous.

I'm lucky and have a really easy desk job, that requires minimal effort, so I plan on working as long as I possibly can before the baby arrives.

Comment

Working...
        X