X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The power of Google Earth....

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel...-1226749646086

So of all the things that Google earth has popped up, one of them is a building in the shape of a dong. Sounds funny enough right?

Well it gets even funnier when you learn that it's a CHURCH.
    And then it becomes downright priceless when their motto "Rising Up" is plastered over their Facebook page.

To their credit, they took it in good humour and assured the world that there would be a giant fig leaf coming soon

And I'll just note that as I'm typing this, I'm trying really hard not to giggle in a computer lab with about 30 other students present
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

I guess architecture is harder than it looks.
    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

The mansion isn't guitar shaped, the garden terraces are guitar shaped. 4 hours with a bulldozer and I can fix that.
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
        ... 4 hours with a bulldozer and I can fix that.
        ...or a few seconds with a fully loaded B52...
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
          ...or a few seconds with a fully loaded B52...
          Good point

When in doubt - C4

[a buddy of mine was a ranger. They were asked to clear an area on the edge of some woods, it was expected to take them all weekend as punishment detail duty with axes and other bush clearing tools. They opted to use det cord. and a M58 miclic. ]
          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth catcul View Post
            I guess architecture is harder than it looks.
            Was that deliberate?
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

[a buddy of mine was a ranger. They were asked to clear an area on the edge of some woods, it was expected to take them all weekend as punishment detail duty with axes and other bush clearing tools. They opted to use det cord. and a M58 miclic. ]
              I bet their CO was just thrilled with them.
              I AM the evil bastard!
              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

When in doubt - C4
                An uncle of mine was NavSpecO in the days before they became "SEALs"... They had just transitioned from the old standard CompB to this new, amazing, light, moldable stuff called C4...
                Well, they got tasked with blowing a dam in "the 'Nam". Sure! So they load the dam with satchel charge, run out the THIRTY SECOND fuse and light it.
                THREE MINUTES later, my uncle sends in a petty officer. Two minutes later, Uncle Jim crawls into the position and is told, "Gunner, you ain't gonna believe this... Charlie stole the charges."
                A good bit of "sailor-talk" later, Uncle Jim and his team loaded the dam with FIFTY POUNDS of C4.
                They had railroad ties and bits of debris raining on them for over a full minute... and a LAKE where the dam had once stood.

C4... a little goes a LONG way!!
                Last edited by Tyg3rW01f; 11-05-2013, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                  I bet their CO was just thrilled with them.
                  Apparently they got quite the talking to

Same shit, different war - my dad got the award for soldier of the quarter while sitting on his ass smoking a cigarette in a half track while on sentry duty before he did the officer thing.

[he had spotted someone walking around and challenged them for the password, it turned out to be a general who was trying to see how security was going. All the other guys passed him on seeing the uniform, dad was the only one who asked for the password, while sitting there smoking. He used the excuse that he was 'in concealment to better surprise people' though I am not certain how he explained the cigarette But then again a guy with a Silver Star gets a lot of leeway in things.]

Comment

Regarding unusual building shapes, there is a swastika shaped building at the Naval base in Coronado, California.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

http://coloredgrayscale.soup.io/post...-at-the-tip-of

Comment

I'll bet they were relieved when they were able to stop the flow.
                        This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Quoth catcul View Post
                          I'll bet they were relieved when they were able to stop the flow.
                          That's to be expected when the service is lip...
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

The Friendly Atheist blog had 2 posts about this church last week (one initial post about it and then again when they put the fig leaf up). I wonder if he saw the one about the water main break...if he didn't, he's about to!
                            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                              http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel...-1226749646086

So of all the things that Google earth has popped up, one of them is a building in the shape of a dong. Sounds funny enough right?

Well it gets even funnier when you learn that it's a CHURCH.
                              A fair number of Christian denominations name their churches after various saints. Please tell me that this one is named after St. Peter.
                              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X