X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 gems

Not the customers but the stories

In which I cringe for the human race, again.

It's raining, my co-worker and I are wearing rain coats, and there are puddles of water everywhere, and we are outside in the rain.
    SC: duh
    Me: should never have left home
    CW: see above

SC: Hey home come these carts are wet.
    Cw: Well, it's raining
    SC: That's just a lazy man's excuse. These should be dry.
    ME: Sir, there are dry carts inside.
    SC: I don't wanna get a cart inside I wanna dry cart NOW!!
    CW: Well, sir I'm sorry, but, it's raining and that's why all the carts outside.
    SC: you all is lazy!!!
    Okay seriously, unless you are doing a peopane exchange then, you are going inside anyway, what's the issue here.

Math basics
    Okay if something is listed 5 for $5, the price of one is $1, which is actually the regular price for said item, but I digress.

MM: Math Mom
    ME: Flypaper for morons

MM: Hey you retard!!! This is false advertising!!!!
    ME: What do you mean?
    MM; Well, I know you don't know what false advertising means cuz you are stupid but, I went back to the chip department, an' they were a dollar,
    Me. ...
    MM: That would make it $10 for five not $5 for five. My kid's an honor student. I am calling the attorney general and the BBB, and my attorney about this.
    Me: Would you like a manager?
    MM: No, they'll just say the same thing!!!

Quoth Crow The Robot View Post
    MM; Well, I know you don't know what false advertising means cuz you are stupid but, I went back to the chip department, an' they were a dollar.
    That would make it $10 for five not $5 for five. My kid's an honor student.
    "Ma'am/Sir/Unidentifiable goop on the bottom of my shoe, how much is five ones? No, better idea, let's ask your honor student, because his genetics are not necessarily yours... only half of his are, and half are your significant other's."
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
      "Ma'am/Sir/Unidentifiable goop on the bottom of my shoe, how much is five ones? No, better idea, let's ask your honor student, because his genetics are not necessarily yours... only half of his are, and half are your significant other's."
      No, no--The proper response is, "You are correct ma'am. Please allow me to sell you these for $10."
      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
        No, no--The proper response is, "You are correct ma'am. Please allow me to sell you these for $10."
        I concur. People that stupid deserve to be taken advantage of.
        Ah, tally-ho, yippety-dip, and zing zang spillip! Looking forward to bullying off for the final chukka?

Comment

Brain go BOOM.
          "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
          Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

I wonder how long it took her to realize exactly how stupid her math was. I imagine her, hours later, at home cooking dinner...cooking...

(chop chop chop vegetables)
            (put cassarole into oven)
            (wash hands)
            "Ah DAMNIT!"
            "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
            "What IS fun to fight through?"
            "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Not the customers but the stories

In which I cringe for the human race, again.

It's raining, my co-worker and I are wearing rain coats, and there are puddles of water everywhere, and we are outside in the rain.
              SC: duh
              Me: should never have left home
              CW: see above

SC: Hey home come these carts are wet.
              Cw: Well, it's raining
              SC: That's just a lazy man's excuse. These should be dry.
              ME: Sir, there are dry carts inside.
              SC: I don't wanna get a cart inside I wanna dry cart NOW!!
              CW: Well, sir I'm sorry, but, it's raining and that's why all the carts outside.
              SC: you all is lazy!!!
              OH GOD, I get this one all the time when I'm manning the front door when it's raining. Or when it's rained the night before.

SC: How come all your carts are wet?
              J2K: Because it rained last night.
              SC: How come you didn't put your carts inside? [Note: They mean, inside the vestibule.]
              J2K: Because it's a fire hazard.
              SC: Well, why not inside the store, then?
              J2K: Where would you suggest we put them? To block the aisles with all the carts so they stay dry?
              SC: I want a dry cart!
              J2K: We have paper towels up here to dry them off with.

And invariably, the SCs will walk RIGHT PAST the roll of paper towels I have set there for them to use, and grab a handful of napkins from the food court instead. :sigh:
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

MM: That would make it $10 for five not $5 for five. My kid's an honor student. I am calling the attorney general and the BBB, and my attorney about this.
                Me: Would you like a manager?
                MM: No, they'll just say the same thing!!!
                Hrmm...tough choice. I've narrowed it down to...

"Well I guess the person who put up the sign was wrong. Here, I'll sell it to you for the proper price of $10 for five."

Or

"Your son might be an honor student, but you ma'am are an idiot of epic proportions."

M
                I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

ohohohohoh can I be there when you go to those people? I need a REALLY good laugh and so will they!

honor roll in this day and age means nothing it seems....
                  It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Criminy I've been playing too much Diablo...

I saw your thread title and immediately thought "Oooh was it Flawless or Perfect?" (BTW I'm looking for some topazes... /flutters eyelashes)

But...I guess your customers were...chipped. XD Especially the mathematically challenged one.
                    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth Sarlon View Post
                      ohohohohoh can I be there when you go to those people? I need a REALLY good laugh and so will they!

honor roll in this day and age means nothing it seems....
                      Or he's adopted, at least that's my theory.
                      How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                        Brain go BOOM.
                        Same here. Does yours grow back ? If not, try not to pick up bits of mine. There are things in there you wouldn't want to know.
                        "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Mix up

Quoth Juwl View Post
                          With the level of IQ shown by the mom, I would consider that there was a mix-up of babies. Somewhere out there are two bright parents with one very dumb child.

Comment

Quoth Bradester View Post
                            I concur. People that stupid deserve to be taken advantage of.
                            Stupid people don't deserve to be taken advantage of. Rude stupid people, however, do.
                            "Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings"-Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Working...
                            X