Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what's the worst compliment you've ever received?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Slytovhand View Post
    Firstly, does getting hit on by guys count? (because they see me from behind, and automatically think girl with nice long hair).
    I hate to say it, but when I first saw your facebook page I almost thought you were a woman too
    oh and, why do all my straight friends get hit on by guys when I don't (ok, so I do, but they've all been online)
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021
      I hate to say it, but when I first saw your facebook page I almost thought you were a woman too
      What, the beard/mo on my Photo album here on CS didn't give it away??

I did get the line that my hair "..is sex for eyes". From a girl at work... while we were at work (you should have seen my TL's face!)

Oh, and I just remembered (again) #3... I did a massage for someone while I was still in training, so I needed victims volunteers, purely free of charge. So, I did this one, travelled a long way out with all my gear (folding table!), did the massage, and she insisted on paying. After searching around for about 5-10 mins, she came out with... $4. Yeah, great way to show your appreciation! (now, I know, I should appreciate the gesture.. but trust me..you don't 'insist' for only $4!)
      When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Quoth Slytovhand View Post
        Oh, and I just remembered (again) #3... I did a massage for someone while I was still in training, so I needed victims volunteers, purely free of charge.
        Awwww, I totally would have volunteered. Any chance you'd accept cookies as payment now?
        I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
          Awwww, I totally would have volunteered. Any chance you'd accept cookies as payment now?
          Now, you see, that would have worked (assuming they're home baked, and not store bought). I put in effort on you, you put in effort on me... searching your handbag for 10 minutes is not effort....

Well, I'm intending to be elsewhere in a few months (China), but until then, I'm still here... if you wanna make the trip.. and bring a massage table... and the oils and all the other stuff.....

(TBHWM - ie to be honest with myself - I was pretty good... can pick a knot a mile away, and get most of the issues gone pretty quick - with very little pain or discomfort..)
          When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

When working at a retail chain as a cashier, I had someone come into my lane and say, "You know, you look like that one girl from that movie... you know, the psychic who got pig blood poured all over her and she killed everybody?"

Carry?!

Comment

Quoth JoitheArtist View Post
              Stupid extroverts. Grrrr!
              Here here!

Comment

One guy at work recently told me that when I started he thought I was really wierd, but now he thought I was just one of us.

Trying to work out if I should stop laughing about that.

Rapscallion

Comment

Following on from Raps, there's one mate I had who 'confided' in me some time back that at first he thought I was an arrogant prick, but after we sat down and had a chat, he thought I was pretty ok.

Not quite the same thing, is it?

Comment

Hmm, I used to be told all the time that I looked exactly like Michael Jackson! And they said that like it was supposed to be a compliment. Made me very self-concious about my nose. I was also lovingly known as 'The Creepy Security Guard.' And before you think that sounds wrong, it was because I am apparently a ninja. I would walk into a store, right-up the front isle, stop in front of the counter and say "Hi, how's it going today?" and usually the salesgirl would startle, turn around clutching her heart and say "Omigodyouscaredme!"

At least that changed a bit when I started wearing some makeup to work. Now I get told more-often I have more of a Liza Minelli look going.
                    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

It is generally accepted in my family that I look young for my age.
                      It is generally accepted in my family that my younger sister looks rather old for her age.
                      It is also generally accepted in my family that our mother has aged very well, and looks about a decade younger than she actually is.

That said, no one in their right mind should mistake me for my sister's daughter while Mom is standing two feet away!

Also, to the nice old ladies for whom I held the elevator door and wished a good night as I disembarked at my floor- you saw me from the front. Nice I am, young I am, but man? I think not.

Comment

Hmmm...let's see....
                        One guy told me that he'd find me even more attractive if I wore makeup for him(sorry, but I didn't find him the least bit attractive and I was even less interested).

Another I get all the time at work-for a girl, you seem to really know your way around electronics(old guys, meh).
                        "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

Quoth BethB View Post
                          .....for a girl, you seem to really know your way around electronics(old guys, meh).
                          I used to get this all the time when I was in electronics/whitegoods. Just because I have breasts does not mean I dont know my way round a schematic or wiring diagram.

I was also told by a co worker a few years ago that I looked like Jo the Supernanny (not sure if you guys in the states know her) Not sure if it was a compliment or an insult
                          "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
                          "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
                          "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

"You're not nearly as stupid as I thought you'd be!"

or

"Wow...you're actually pretty intelligent!"

Said by a few coworkers. Good thing I still stereotype some people myself, never know who is pre-judging me, making me out to be Jessica Simpson or Paris Hilton, when I've done nothing to prove that I even act that way or am that stupid.
                            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

one I just got, a guest upon seeing my peace, love, and equality wrist band said, "wow, you look really straight for a gay guy"
                              umm... ok... thanks... I guess... what just happened
                              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                                one I just got, a guest upon seeing my peace, love, and equality wrist band said, "wow, you look really straight for a gay guy"
                                umm... ok... thanks... I guess... what just happened
                                Well, now you know why you don't get hit on by guys often enough.

^-.-^
                                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                                X