This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jester View Post
    <snip> or are just completely fucking with everyone and making this shit up. Either way, it's hilarious.
    That's the answer, right there. Most of Rugz's family has this sort of humor and they're of Dutch descent. My sister's boyfriend is Dutch, and his family is the same. Actually, when my sister translated the nickname that everyone uses for him, our parents freaked. They'd been calling him either 'well-hung' or 'horsecock' for a year or so without knowing. (I can't remember which one it was)
    Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Can't rival Jester's list, but here is the most common stupid question I get where I work:

*after standing there staring at the empty milk chiller for about ten minutes* "Um, do you have any milk?"

Yes we do. It's just invisible. -.-
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth KellyHabersham View Post
        I can't picture walking into a public building and NOT noticing the name or anything.
        Oh hell, I get that kind of question so often that I didn't even think to put it on the list. Almost daily people will ask me, "What's the name of this place again?" Sometimes after having spent quite a bit of time there.

Yesterday had a group of people at the bar, including Loud Obnoxious Drunk Stupid Clumsy Woman. In addition to spilling most of one of her glasses of wine and falling out of her chair, at one point, when I poured her a new glass of wine and saw that there was still some wine in the bottle, the following conversations ensued...

LODSCW: "Hey, there's still some wine in there. You might as well just pour the rest in my glass."
        ME, looking at the bottle: "Ma'am, there's almost a full glass's worth of wine in there!"
        LODSCW: "Well, I still think I should get the rest of the bottle."
        ME: "And I still think I should have a date with Megan Fox. But I don't."

I know, I know, it's not a stupid question per se, but it was a stupid comment, from a stupid customer, with a stupid assumption of entitlement. So I think it kinda fits here.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Why did she want three jars, you ask? So she could "collect the three different colors of water."
          Blue, yellow and green?

You have to move fast to collect the yellow...
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I think probably one of the strangest questions came totally out of the blue a few months ago on a day when I was running a register and, like a million times before, asked a customer for their store discount card. . .

WC (Weirdo Customer): "Do you ever feel strange handling other people's keyrings?"

Me: Never thought about it. Nobody's ever asked me that strange of a question before. {thinking: WTF are YOU smoking, Dude?}

Is it supposed to give me some sort of orgasm or something to handle keyrings? I still don't get it . . . come to think of it, I don't think HE ever had it, let alone got it.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

At the flower shop "Do you sell flowers here?" - mom deadpanned him "Nah, I just charge 'em rent"

at Valentines (at the flower shop) a gentleman walked past the line of customers trying to pay or pick out flowers, past all of the Neon Pink signage (on every available surface) that stated our prices, and into the work area - to ask "How much is a dzn roses?" "$95" "DOLLARS!?!?!?" "Well it ain't chickens!"
              I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Somebody today asked me"Is this ready meal vegetarian?"
                well seeing as it's Liver, Bacon and mashed potato ,I think maybe not.
                "Light a fire for someone and he will be warm all day,
                set light to someone and he will be warm for the rest of his life" Sir Samuel Vimes

Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.

Comment

Quoth Treasure View Post
                  At the flower shop "Do you sell flowers here?" - mom deadpanned him "Nah, I just charge 'em rent"

at Valentines (at the flower shop) a gentleman walked past the line of customers trying to pay or pick out flowers, past all of the Neon Pink signage (on every available surface) that stated our prices, and into the work area - to ask "How much is a dzn roses?" "$95" "DOLLARS!?!?!?" "Well it ain't chickens!"
                  Oh god, we used to get that all the time!

"Your ad will be $20."
                  "Twenty DOLLARS???"

Used to drive one of my co-workers crazy. I always wanted to say "no, pesos!" Or "rubles" or maybe clams...just to see what kind of reaction I'd get.
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                    "Do you take American money?" Key West is in Florida. Which, last I checked, is still one of the States.
                    If you really wanted to blow their minds, you could tell them "You're in luck - NOW we accept U.S. currency. 150 years ago, anyone possessing U.S. currency would have been thrown in jail." See how long it takes for the penny to drop and for them to remember Florida's history.
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                      If you really wanted to blow their minds, you could tell them "You're in luck - NOW we accept U.S. currency. 150 years ago, anyone possessing U.S. currency would have been thrown in jail." See how long it takes for the penny to drop and for them to remember Florida's history.
                      Since Jester was speaking of Key West, US currency was accepted there during the US Civil War. Key West was the only southern city to remain in Union hands throughout the Civil War.
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I work in a public library. In 1998, a kid came up to me and wanted to know if we had any computer software on fish. I said no, we had BOOKS.

He left so disappointed.

Comment

It's always funny at the library I do security at when someone walks up and asks where to return books when our desk is right across from returns that has a giant sign saying RETURNS

Comment

Quoth vloglady View Post
                            I work in a public library. In 1998, a kid came up to me and wanted to know if we had any computer software on fish. I said no, we had BOOKS.

He left so disappointed.
                            Maybe he was looking for a copy of Odell Lake.

I lost count of how many hours I played that on the Commodore 64.
                            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Jester's post about tourists reminded me of the story I heard about a tour boat out on the ocean at sundown. A tourist asked the guide " Can you move the boat closer to the sunset?"

Comment

Quoth smfrazier View Post
                                Jester's post about tourists reminded me of the story I heard about a tour boat out on the ocean at sundown. A tourist asked the guide " Can you move the boat closer to the sunset?"
                                Only on Discworld. Do you have a turtle?
                                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                                X