This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently I can teleport

We got a giggle out of this yesterday - patient is arguing with the technician, saying that she should have a Paroxotine refill, but tech informs her that it was filled and picked up on Tuesday, the 9th, at around 3:20 in the afternoon. Patient still insisted that she did not receive the refill, and unbeknownst to me, she was trying to get my attention. I just thought the loud and rude "EXCUSE MEEEEE!"s were directed at the tech she was already arguing with. I had my back to the counter and was busy filing log copies. Apparently, she kept wanting to talk to me, and told the tech I was the one who sold her the prescriptions that day. In the end tech told her she needed to go home and make sure the medications weren't there, and she left.

Tech: "She says you sold her the stuff, Shiny, and the paroxotine wasn't there."

Me: "I sold her some prescriptions? On the 9th?"

Tech: "Yep, apparently you did. . . . wait. You weren't even here that day, you were in Orlando all week! Wow, I didn't know you could come back and leave that fast."

I had left early morning on the 6th and didn't come back to work until the 11th.

Ah, stupid customers. They can't tell one employee from another. Or one month from the other, more than likely. I almost wish I realized she was yelling at me so I could have told her I wasn't even in town on that day.
    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Did she at least get gender right? You wouldn't believe how many times the office will get a complaint about 'that man in security that was here today' and it was only me!
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I admit I have a problem recognizing faces, I'd never remember a specific person unless there were something unique about them. Of course, I also wouldn't claim to remember them, either. I don't get why people even try the "pick a random clerk" waited on me that day" scam anymore, nowadays odds are it's caught on a camera anyway.

Madness takes it's toll....
      Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Yeah, all of the cashiers in my pharmacy are female. We have one male technician and all three of our pharmacists are men, so it's pretty easy to tell them apart from each other.

"The older guy that is not a pharmacist"

"The Indian Guy"

"The big black guy"

"The older guy who is a little rude"

The rest of us are apparently all the same person, especially the two of us that both have red hair, despite the fact there's about thirty or so years between us.

Comment

Quoth ShinyGreenApple View Post
          "The older guy who is a little rude"
          I'd be happy if someone came in and described a worker this way, as I know it wouldn't apply to me. I'm the guy who is *really* rude
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Ha, he has been described as really rude before. Most of the time he's a royal pain to work with, but as a person he's quite lovable.

"Hey, Cranky Pharmacist™, can you visual and bag the script for Tom Jones? He's here waiting and it's 15 minutes late."

"I'm in the middle of something, so he can just keep waiting!"

Yes, this happens. "A little rude" is probably the most polite thing he's been called by a customer.

Comment

Neat trick. Can you teach me to teleport?
              "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Ah, stupid customers. They can't tell one employee from another. Or one month from the other, more than likely. I almost wish I realized she was yelling at me so I could have told her I wasn't even in town on that day.
                Sometimes bosses too. I posted once about being questioned over a "return" that I did. Only I've never done a return (and I wasn't even there until later!). I just have long dark hair like one of the girls who works at the service counter.
                Last edited by PepperElf; 04-19-2012, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
                  Neat trick. Can you teach me to teleport?
                  Yeah, I'd love to be able to teleport straight from my workstation to the break room when it's time for my break!
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                    Yeah, I'd love to be able to teleport straight from my workstation to the break room when it's time for my break!
                    I'd like to be able to teleport from my desk to home and back. I won't have to get up so damn early and my stress levels will go down dramatically. (And I don't live in a stupidly high traffic area...)
                    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
                      I'd like to be able to teleport from my desk to home and back. I won't have to get up so damn early and my stress levels will go down dramatically. (And I don't live in a stupidly high traffic area...)
                      That too, not to mention saving wear and tear on the car...
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Not to mention all the really good places I could go for my lunch break.

Yeah, I'd abuse the ability to no end.

Comment

Oh this would make going to away games a lot easier plus vacations
                          Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
                            Not to mention all the really good places I could go for my lunch break.

Yeah, I'd abuse the ability to no end.
                            As would we all. However, I think Jester's and CRML's bars might get a bit crowded with all of us popping in.
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

It's OK. We'll just identify ourselves with the code phrase: "Hey, any of these guys giving you trouble? " ~_~
                              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                              X