This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't you dare...

This is a...please Gawd let it not happen...sighting to be.

Yesterday, my aunt had my sister make a turkey. She has never made one before in her life. My aunt also told my sister to check the turkey with a digital thermometer...and put the turkey with the thermometer still inside it back in the oven.

Needless to say, this was not an oven-worthy thermometer. It melted. Badly.

My aunt...wants to return it. For what? User stupidity? WHY would you put a thermometer in the oven unless you know for SURE it's ok to be put in there? What is wrong with her?

I hope that if she tries, she's laughed out of the store...
    "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
    "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
    Amayis is my wifey

Sadly, if it is Wally World, they will probably let her return it. User mistakes should not be rewarded.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

No, they should not. I hope she realizes how idiotic it would be to return it and doesn't. I mean, it would be one thing if it was a thermometer that was SUPPOSED to be able to go in the oven and it melted. Entirely different when she was just stupid and didn't pay attention to what it was for.
      "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
      "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
      Amayis is my wifey

Comment

I had some idiot try to return a leave in thermometer that he left in the sink full of water. His excuse, well it does not say "Do Not Immerse" on the package. And then "It has a lifetime warranty." I told him it was common sense not to immerse it in water, and the warranty was from the company not us, and to contact them.

Comment

*sigh* I see way too much of this idiocy nowadays. Wear shoes until there's holes in them...then return them. Drink most of a gallon of milk, then return container once it expires.

Stupidity I can forgive. The lack of personal responsibility frosts me a bit.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
          X