This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flippin litterbugs!

Or my mouth opened before I could stop it!

Was walking through town earlier, as you do, & a man who was standing outside the shop next to the newsagent that sells lottery tickets, was standing there scratching away at several scratch cards.... and dropping the non winners at his feet.

Annoying enough, but he was literally two feet from a waste bin!

He wasn't a small man, he was an older man but didn't look particularly happy anyway but looked even less happy when my mouth opened & the words...
    "What the hell, you couldn't lean over a little & dump your rubbish in the bin instead of the floor?"

If looks could kill, it'd be time for my funeral!

I hate litterbugs.
    Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

I hate that too! It just boggles my mind that people think it's OK to drop their crap all over the street. I've seen people walking along eating chips or cookies and when the bag is empty, they just let it fall from their hand as though they forgot they were even holding something. Lazy asses. Can't just take it home & toss it in the garbage??
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

My experience has been that the most likely people to litter are:
      1) Smokers (butts everywhere!)
      2) People who drink cheap beer, but PARTICULARLY Keystone Light (How I hate Keith Stone!)
      3) 4 wheelers who are where they are not supposed to be

Sorry if some of you fall into these categories, but I'm sure that you are not among the litterers. Right?
      Life's too short to drink cheap beer

Comment

Quoth seigus View Post
        My experience has been that the most likely people to litter are:
        1) Smokers (butts everywhere!)
        2) People who drink cheap beer, but PARTICULARLY Keystone Light (How I hate Keith Stone!)
        3) 4 wheelers who are where they are not supposed to be
        you forgot people with bottled water/soda-

my pockets are sometimes full of random trash that I put in there until I get near a proper receptacle.
        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
          my pockets are sometimes full of random trash that I put in there until I get near a proper receptacle.
          I can't understand why people can't just wait. What's the problem? Especially in a car, for crying out loud.
          Oh, I remember why...
          People are scum.

Comment

we get them here too as the road litterally runs in front of our front yard, as our property line and the road are about the city/parish line and we are on the other side of the city motorists leave trash as they pass on our property.
            And there is nothing to be done about it but pick it up. (City has been asked, basically been told too bad cause you're not in the city limits not our problem)

Comment

Heh, I did something similar to a smoker recently. I pull up next to a parked car, and as I'm pulling up, a lit cigarette butt is flicked out the passenger window and lands on the ground.

I park, get out, storm over, stomp out the lit butt, muttered "F***ing Idiots!" loud enough for them to hear, and storm into the bank.

Driver:
              Passenger:

The passenger (who was the litterer) seemed oblivious, but his wife in the driver's seat was pissed at me! Whatever.

There was no reason to park there unless they were going into the bank. They did not go into the bank. They chose to drive off instead. I don't think they wanted to wait in line next to me...
              Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Litterbugs are one thing that really piss me off because it shows some of the highest levels of unneeded laziness and apathy...

My friend (whom I've posted here many times about and whom I constantly question why I hang out with him considering all my complaints I have about him) and his cousin went to pick up a videogame at some late night release and on the way home, cousin drops the window in the car and tosses out one of those giant convenience store soda cups. I've also seen my friend do this and it irritates me to no end...

Why, when you are in a car and don't even need to hold on to the damn thing, wouldn't you set it in the cup holder till you get home and then toss it in the garbage where it belongs? Why do you feel the need to further pollute the land?
                Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

The smokers that think Michigan is their personal ashtray bug the hell out of me. Although they aren't quite as bad as the people who think Michigan is their personal trash can. I was brought up under the mantra....leave only your footprints.

Comment

... take only your memories.

(And your photos.)
                    Seshat's self-help guide:
                    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I hate this too. There are some nice hiking trails around here, with creeks that run through them. These creeks are clogged with water bottles that countless assholes have just tossed out there. The trails themselves are often littered with dog turds too. Somehow, I would think that people who are active and go hiking in scenic areas, and drink bottled water, would have more respect for nature.
                      Steven Slater ROCKS! So does James Jones!

The world is an asshole contest...and EVERYONE'S A WINNER!

Comment

You'll like this one then... story related at another MB I use to go to.

Apparently the guy was walking down the sidewalk and some fancy car stopped for the light. Someone in the car started tossing their fast food wrappers out the window. The guy was PISSED... He picked them up and threw them back through the car window, while yelling at them for littering.

The people in the car were a bit scared I think. But they at least didn't try tossing their garbage back out... at least not around him.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                          He picked them up and threw them back through the car window, while yelling at them for littering.
                          My wife does this, to my amusement, except instead of yelling she merely remarks "You dropped this." The startled look and the "Oh, thanks, sorry" that they sputter out is hilarious.

Comment

We're next to a Starbucks, so there are a lot a green cups outside our door.
                            Back in the '70's my old Boy Scout troop carried out this nice little project: We cleaned a mile-long section of highway--we filled a pickup truck five times. Within the week, the trash was back--you'd have never known any cleaning was done.
                            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Rantsylvania 6-5000 View Post
                              Somehow, I would think that people who are active and go hiking in scenic areas, and drink bottled water, would have more respect for nature.

considering how bad bottled water is for the environment-why on Earth would you think that? 1.5 million tons of plastic per year just to bottle it.
                              Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Working...
                              X