Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ten is teh hawtness (calling dibs NOW before Seraph can reply to this thread ) and I really do love his performance as the Doctor.

I haven't seen the older series, I checked it out starting with 9th Doctor on Netflix. But definitely an amazing series.
    "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

The issue with trying to watch the older series is quite of bit of it is just plain missing since the originals were either lost or recorded over.

You can find individual arcs, but watching it in the original order is impossible since some episodes just don't exist anymore.

That's not to say the older series isn't good. One of my Favorites is the Key to Time arc with the fourth Doctor. But I agree with everyone else. Start with the first series of the reboot and go from there.

Comment

I really do recommend the Tom Baker episodes at some point. You really get a sense of how goofy the Doctor is. Jon Pertwee was my first Doctor, but Tom Baker's my favorite. And it's fun to see how much has changed since those days.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I am biased. I have never seen any of the earlier episodes, though I am curious, and was familiar with who the guy was when I was in grade school, which was during the time of the early series.

But I have only ever SEEN the new series, with 9 (Eccleston), 10 (Tennant), and 11 (Smith). And they have been awesome.

Start with 9. You'll enjoy it.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Tom Baker was my first Dr. The local PBS station started playing (around 1982) his 7 years, then played ALL the known episodes that were available from the BBC. Dr 1 and 2 have the most missing episodes due to a fire at the BBC archieves and some were just recycled.

There used to be a site with most of Dr. 1 & 2 episodes (most were stored on the video site Daily Motion), but that sire is dark now and I do not know if Daily Motion still has the episodes stored.

Dr.'s 3 (John Pertwee) through Dr. 7 (Sly McCoy) all episodes are there

Dr. 8 was a made for American TV movie (Fox I believe)

I do like the reboot and yes Davidd Tenent is a close contender for best Dr.

In the older shows it does give a lot of the background on the villians (as in how they got started and their relationship with the Dr.) and the Dr. to a small extent.

I myself VCR'ed most of the older eposides (and I am sloooowly xfering them over to digital)
            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I'll chime in with many others- start watching starting with the reboot (9th Doctor). Make sure you watch the Christmas episodes and specials between series, as some important stuff happens in those that help with the continuation in the stories.

To me - David Tennant is the most attractive Doctor, and was certainly fantastic for a while, but he was so cold and had such a big ego towards the end. Donna commented on it once (as did Adelaide at the end of The Water of Mars).

The Doctor: I don't need anybody.
              Donna: Yes you do. Because I think sometimes you need somebody to stop you.

Matt Smith has brought the fun back to the Doctor for me, and I think he's my favorite. Although I think every Doctor does bring something special to the show.

Comment

I still have yet to see Matt Smith top his performance in his first episode, the Eleventh Hour. Utter genius. He's been great in other episodes as well, but that...that was EPIC.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                X