Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

plus... assuming she was being honest about the death... ok so there was an obituary in the paper? does she have any idea how many people might have the same name as him? especially if it's a larger bank. the only way to really be sure is to compare data like social security numbers - which aren't listed in the paper.

Comment

I can certainly understand why she didn't report the death in the first place - she probably simply didn't think of it or didn't want to deal with it at the time. My uncle died very young (45) and unexpectedly (major heart attack with no previous health issues) over 10 years ago, and I know it took many years for my aunt to get everything switched over. HOWEVER, I do not understand what her big beef is about sending proof of her payment and/or proof of her husband's death. I know we all wish the world was an honest place, but it's not. Did she really just expect you to take her word for it?

Comment

Apparently she did. She figured that I should be able to dig back into records that I don't have access to in order to verify that she was the one signing the cheques, or that I should go and check Mr. whatsit's obit for "proof". *sigh*

If Joe Blow called up and asked for the credit and I gave it to him, she'd be pissed as hell. So why can't she understand that without proof of payment, she might as well be Joe Blow for all we know?
        GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up!

I can appreciate the story now in a whole new way, and savor her suckiness as it should be.

Comment

Quoth LifeCarnie View Post
            My father died in 1984 and my mother still has her phone bill in his name.
            Always handy for figuring out who the telemarketers are.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

as a single female with a uniques last name who has had a stalker . . . .
              My phone is listed under another name . . .two initals and a very common last name.
              What bothers me is that the property tax records are public information . . .they do not offer me a way to have another name shown. It has to be registered under the name that the property was bought with.

So I do not blame any single female keeping records under a males name if and when possible.

I also understand companies wanting to bill a living breathing person. But as was pointed out you found next of kin in the obit. As long as the living relative keeps current with the payments is it really a big deal? (that is an honest I would like more information question)

Comment

Working...
              X