Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 08:59 PM
Imagine I said something witty

I am legally Christopher. But I go by Chris (or CJ - my first two initials)

There were five Chris' in my class alone one year in college. Yet the teacher would get me confused with my friend Mark..... ???

Old 07-18-2011, 12:53 AM
Long live Gaz

Quote:
Quoth zombiequeen View Post
Mine says it's valid, and I double-checked at the bank when I received my card. It must be a different-areas or different-banks thing.
Mine is a bank-debit card though, it's not a credit card. Could that be the issue?
If it doesn't say VISA/MC/AMEX/etc on there, then yes, it likely follows a different set of rules.

"Don't weep for the stupid; you'll be crying all day!" - Fr. Anderson, Hellsing Ultimate: Abridged
"I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain it to you any further." – anon
"The moment you trust a demon, they will stab you in the back. Of course, I'm no hypocrite. Anyone who trusts me will get knifed as well." – Klokinator, "The Cryopod to Hell"

Old 07-18-2011, 01:02 AM
Girl Thursday

Quote:
Quoth EricKei View Post
If it doesn't say VISA/MC/AMEX/etc on there, then yes, it likely follows a different set of rules.
Even if it does, it can still follow a different set of rules.

Hybrid debit/credit cards often enjoy slightly limited protections as compared to their full credit cousins, and the rules for use are just slightly different, too, depending on the issuing bank.

^-.-^

Old 07-18-2011, 01:53 AM
Den Mother

Quote:
Quoth tollbaby View Post
Okay, I'm all for not giving my kids the same name as every other kid in school, but WHO DOES THAT????
I don't know but my mother named my brother Christy.

Don't ask me why . . . I don't know what drugs she was on when she delivered him but that's what she picked out.

We lost count of how many letters from Social Security we've gotten over the years that refers to my brother as "she" or "her."

Old 07-18-2011, 04:04 AM
Long live Gaz

DGC - Oh dear. Did she at least give him a more usable middle name to go by?

Then again, he could just make something up -- That's what my Dad did. His real name was Arlen. For reasons never satisfactorily explained, he went by Billy. No part of his name even vaguely resembles Bill or William ~_~

"Don't weep for the stupid; you'll be crying all day!" - Fr. Anderson, Hellsing Ultimate: Abridged
"I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain it to you any further." – anon
"The moment you trust a demon, they will stab you in the back. Of course, I'm no hypocrite. Anyone who trusts me will get knifed as well." – Klokinator, "The Cryopod to Hell"

Old 07-18-2011, 05:53 AM
Chairman of the Board

During the US Civil War there was a General Beverly Robertson (CSA). He died before there were credit cards.

Old 07-18-2011, 06:11 AM
Auditory BS Receptor

Ahh, gender bending and/or unusual names...(and my first name actually originated as a name for males, not females...)

- The training class for the vertical I now work in at Call Center had a woman named Wesley and a guy named Erin. (Erin is still working there, Wesley isn't.)

- My stepson's middle name is Christen and my stepdaughter's middle name is Christine. Also, their mother named her daughter after herself, though the mother's name is spelled slightly differently.

- My grandfather's middle name was Allison. It was also a male name in those days (he was born in 1910).

Old 07-18-2011, 06:16 PM
Den Mother

Quote:
Quoth EricKei View Post
DGC - Oh dear. Did she at least give him a more usable middle name to go by?
Not really . . . we both have the same middle name, only his is spelled slightly different.

He simply goes by Chris. And I use my middle name (b/c I don't like my first name, which IMO sounds more like a guy's name.)

So I tell people my mom simply got confused on our first names.

Tags
advice , credit card