Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting they're doing stores and banks. They must be quite skillful to get so much money at each location.

Comment

At stores it wouldn't be too hard if they hit a cashier with a long line, or when it's busy (reasonable certainty that a manager would be occupied elsewhere and the cashier would get flustered trying to get the scammer on their way quickly).
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Shyla View Post
        Interesting they're doing stores and banks. They must be quite skillful to get so much money at each location.
        Banks I'm not so sure about but stores are easy to hit if you get the right person. Those kinds of scammers will especially look for the younger, teenage-looking cashiers.

And cashiers who get taken in will swear they counted everything right.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          If you are still where you indicate you are, there's a chance this may be the same person.
          The main branch, where this happened, is in Cheeselandia, so yeah, it's probably the same person.
          "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
          -Mira Furlan

Comment

When I worked as a teller in the '80s, the teller next to me got hit by quick changer. He was trying to buy traveler checks and kept changing his mind about what he wanted. I tried to tell her while he was there to be careful, but she was the head teller and I was "just a floater" so to her I knew nothing. When she came up $100 short at the end of the day I reiterated that I tried to tell her. She refused to believe me and made us re-count the entire vault. I refused. They decided they would rather work one teller short while the person I was covering was on vacation rather than have "a know it all" in their branch. I was more then happy to leave. I hated working there long before this incident!

Comment

Working...
            X