X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• make sure your ride knows...

...which airport you are going to!

Our pet sitter offered to drive us to the airport. He's Hubby's buddy so Hubs made the arrangements.

So the morning comes and our ride starts heading north. Which was the wrong direction.

Hubs: "Umm...just had a thought...you DO know we are going to [Big City Airport], right?"

Turns out, our ride thought we just needed to go across town to Local Airport when we really needed Big City Airport 2 hours away!

In Hubby's defense, our ride should have questioned our need to arrive at Small Local Airport 4 hours early, but yeah. Whoops. Our ride didn't seem too bothered by the extra commute, fortunately.

I told Hubs next time we need to arrange a ride to the airport, he needs to clarify WHICH airport...
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

A town with more than one airport. Weird.
    Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Quoth Cia View Post
      Here, Melbourne has at least 4 or 5. One of which is at the end of my street

Comment

Even Helsinki has two, though the main one is in the next municipality over (which is why it's called Helsinki-Vantaa). The smaller one (Helsinki-Malmi) is only used by light aircraft, though - I think it could potentially be an *emergency* field for small airliners, but that's it.

Comment

Quoth Cia View Post
          London, UK; Heathrow, Stansted and Gatwick.
          "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

I guess it's lucky he was dropping you to the airport, I can't imagine how long you would have had to wait for him to pick you up after your flight home if he was your ride the other way.

Oh, and Toronto;
            Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Quoth prjkt View Post
              Here, Melbourne has at least 4 or 5. One of which is at the end of my street
              Tullamarine, Essendon, Avalon and Moorabin.

Comment

New York City had four airports once; it's down to two now, not counting Newark Liberty which is in another state.

(The other two were Floyd Bennett Field and Flushing Airport, both now decommissioned. FBF is still used as a heliport, and the runways might still be useable in an emergency, but Flushing is now under water.)

Comment

Why do I suddenly feel like singing Wakko's (or Yakko if he is the one who wears pants ) Countries of the world song?
                  ACNL Dream Address: 5300-6013-1370

Comment

Quoth NecessaryCatharsis View Post
                    I guess it's lucky he was dropping you to the airport, I can't imagine how long you would have had to wait for him to pick you up after your flight home if he was your ride the other way.
                    It was funny. He was outside when we walked up (he lives in our apartment complex) and apparently thought we were coming home the following morning and was wondering if we were ever gonna call for a ride to pick us up! We told him he took the bus. He then said he could have picked us up from the bus stop. That could have been fair...oh well.
                    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
                      Flushing is now under water.
                      They should have seen that coming when they named it.

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
                        Flushing is now under water.)
                        I guess you could say that Flushing got flushed. Just curious - why is it under water? Has the sea level rise from global warming got that bad already? The field can't be more than 110 years old, since the first powered flight was in December of 1903.
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
                          London, UK; Heathrow, Stansted and Gatwick.
                          London City as well

Comment

My town has around 7 train stations, several which do not currently link up.
                            (I say 'around', as it depends where you draw boundary lines..)

Worse, it is a well-known town which is jokingly regarded as a major boundary line (as in, beyond here, you'll need a passport).
                            Trouble is, there is another town with a _very_ similar name over an hour away...

Yes, I've had a lift try to jettison me at the other town. And also have had visiting friends arrive at the wrong train station (despite very clear instructions!).

Comment

Back in the mid 70s Front-To-Rear Airlines had Last Call special out of Denver (left about midnight, arrived SLC about 1:00 to 1:30 AM) that landed at SLC Airport #2 instead of SLC International with a 727.

Air Traffic Control noticed he'd dropped off the radar, asked where he was...

Pilot uttered the universal "Pilot's Last Words" that are automatically deleted from all black box transcripts, stood on the brakes, flaps, reversers and anchors and managed to stop before the runway ended.

They had to strip out the seats and bring in a stunt crew to get the plane out.
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                              X