This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And then she huffed and she puffed...

and blew her reservation right out of the computer. A lady calls and starts complaining about the rate on her reservation. The story was she made the reservation nearly 10 months ago while the hotel was under previous ownership and suddenly decided that our rates were too high and we "jacked them up on her"

Manager checks her reservation and confirms old owner quoted her 175 per night. This is the rate the lady was given when she reserved but ten months later out of the blue begins claiming it was cheaper. Manager tells her the rates did not change but the lady wouldn't hear it she demanded that we give her the owner's number. Manager refuses (we don't give our owner's number unless something major happens.

So lady becomes irate screaming and accusing her over and over until Manager says "You know we have a right to refuse service and I'm removing your reservation from the computer (lady is not even due to check in for three weeks). Lady responds "Don't you dare cancel my reservation, give me your owner's number" Manager hangs up and ten minutes later lady calls back, she tells her how rude she was and again demands the owner's number.

Manager hangs up on her again and calls Owner telling him the situation. Owner says 1. Do not give her his number 2. Cancel the reservation 3. And if she comes in anyway do not give her the price she was earlier quoted (our prices have raised since new ownership)

This woman in her quest to lower her hotel rates instead just made it more expensive. Good going lady We honor all reservations and rates made while the old owners were operating the hotel. To accuse us of raising them is erroneous and just plain rude.
    Last edited by TruthHurts; 07-06-2007, 06:44 AM.
    My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Justice!

Comment

:waiting for update in a few weeks when the woman comes in:
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I do believe that she was OWNED!!! Yeah, I can't wait to hear the update on this one.
        It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
        ~~~H.L. Mencken

Comment

I'm eager to find out myself but will update if she decides to come in.
          My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

Quoth TruthHurts View Post
            "You know we have a right to refuse service "
            Gotta love this saying!!
            Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
              :waiting for update in a few weeks when the woman comes in:
              That's exactly what I'm hoping to read.... (we're such sick f*cks, aren't we??! )
              Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

Quoth OfficeSlug View Post
                (we're such sick f*cks, aren't we??! )
                Well, yes.... But in this case, we just want to see someone get their just deserts.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

So nothing happened, July 21 came and went and the "lady" never showed up. I would like to believe that she was so embarrassed by her behavior that she looked for other hotels to lodge in. However she probably just managed to hound another hotel to lower her rates.
                  My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

I'm glad to hear that. Customer service is just like dating, might as well throw back the rejects because there are plenty more fish in the sea. Why spend the rest of your life being miserable just to avoid being alone?
                    The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Working...
                    X