Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do not care, if I here the ending or not. When I do it, if I do, I would have forgotten about it anyway.
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I love the "He dies, she dies, everybody dies" line from Heavy Metal.

Other fake endings include the ever popular "it was all a dream" and something completely out of character, such as "only Hagrid and Draco survive and marry eacy other to live happily every after." (yeah, try to wrap your minds around that metal image, why don'cha)

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
        "only Hagrid and Draco survive and marry eacy other to live happily every after." (yeah, try to wrap your minds around that metal image, why don'cha)

^-.-^
        *twitch* *twitch* *twitch* *twitch*

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
          *twitch* *twitch* *twitch* *twitch*

Hee.... Plot point....

... huge cookie to anyone that gets that reference...

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I just make up random things when people ask me how the book ends.

"I can't believe that Ginny and Snape were having an affair, and ran off to get married!!"

Comment

I got naughty and looked it up on Wikipedia. I had already figured out a lot anyway....having watched one too many soap operas over the years! But I'm still reading the book.
              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Oh, my GM had a real nasty streak when he was making his monster tables. Every time someone looked over his shoulder, he'd up the hit dice of the mob by one. The only ones who would survive the encounters were those who tried to stop the others.

One time, the first encounter was a Great Wyrm Red Dragon. And as he said, "This is the easy fight."
                I AM the evil bastard!
                A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Ooh, I took on seven Great Wyrm Gold Dragons once with just my level 24 Archmage; playing a goddess is fun! ^_^

All of this is making me want to read The Princess Bride and The Modern Prometheus finally; I can't wait to see how those end! *shifty look*
                  "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

I've heard "Rocks fall, everyone dies" many many times, mostly in gaming-themed webcomics and in the Movies in 15 Minutes books/blogs. I also have heard it used when people would discuss how HP would end--JKR would get sick of everything and just say "Rocks fall, everyone dies!!!"
                    "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

"Rocks fall. Everyone dies."
                      I know I've read that in Something Positive (http://www.somethingpositive.net)...didn't know it came from anything other than that.

Scott suggested I use it in response to what happens in the end of HP7
                      --Kim--

“It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane.” Philip K. Dick

Comment

I like to use characters from other books to tell people an ending of movie/book. My favorite is probably "Arsene Lupin came and stole the Holy Grail, and the world exploded, leaving only Character A and Character B, and a chipmunk to populate the world. Chipmunk Children."
                        It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
                        ~~~H.L. Mencken

Comment

Spoil away! I stayed up till 1:00am last night finishing it. I get up at 6:30 for work. I am .
                          Highlight here if you want to read more --> I think I'll go to bed now...nighty night! :b
                          Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 07-26-2007, 02:36 AM.
                          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth OfficeSlug View Post
                            "If you refuse, you die; she dies; everybody dies!"

- Heavy Metal, 1981

A very oft-used gaming line!!!
                            i LOVE heavy metal and den is one of my faves. strange how not many of my friends have seen it, they are so missing out.

i havent been asked the ending of the book. mostly its oh your reading it... what chapter are you at... ohh well ill just keep my mouth shut then (either said by me or person asking) either way we werent at the same point. i just finished it tonight, it took me longer than i wanted to read it.
                            "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

I'm sure I'd go for something awful yet unbelievable, such as "The castle was demolished to make way for a new highway"
                              I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
                              less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

Comment

Quoth Hon'ya-chan View Post
                                SC: Do you know what happens at the end of Harry Potter 7?
                                Me: It ends in a Period.
                                I like that! Too bad all the hoopla's over now, I can think of some good comebacks.
                                "Darth Vader was Harry Potter's father."
                                "Hermione walks into a blue Police Box and gets transported across time and space."
                                "Ron gets blasted out into space and now has to watch cheesy movies with two robot friends."
                                "Grawp becomes the Prima Donna for the Royal Ballet."

This one you'd have to plan ahead with your coworkers, and get a stage knife and fake blood:

CUSTOMER: Hi, you read the latest Harry Potter yet? How's it end?
                                COWORKER: Well, you see, Voldemort and Harry--
                                (You jump in, violently "stab" coworker, with blood spraying everywhere as coworker screams and "dies")
                                YOU: Darn it, that's the third coworker I've had to kill to keep from revealing the secret! Don't you know how hard good help is to find?!
                                (After customer screams and runs out the door, your coworker gets up and heads to the restroom to clean up and change clothes.)
                                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                                My LiveJournal
                                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                                X