Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slushies, lawsuits, and ju-ju fingers, oh my!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
    Dante Hicks: No, a fag's a cigarette, remember?
    Randal Graves: You're a cigarette.
    This is exactly what I thought of as well. Thanks to the cartoons, my friends and I, including my very gay best friend, went through a phase of calling each other cigarettes.

And I'd noticed it too, Scaly Bird, that it seems when cigs are on a special deal, you end up paying a different per pack amount--i.e. a 2for1 deal costs more than just 1 pack, but less than 2 "regular" price packs.
    "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth Lord Ludicrous View Post
      Hehe, took me a while to get what you meant there Wonder what an american would do if a british person walked up to them and asked to bum a fag off them?
      When I was a kid, we used to buy these white chalky tasting candy sticks called Fags. They had one end coloured in red to look like a lit cigarette.

Now with all the politically correct nonsense going around, they call them Fads. And I think the red end is no longer there. Funnily enough, I never took up smoking because of them and I don't know of anyone who did.
      Total surrender
      Your touch is so tender
      Your skin is like water on a burning beach
      And it brings me relief
      "Nails in My Feet" - Crowded House

Comment

This one's back from my time in HELL (being close to 40 and working fast food!) Technically it's a sucky co-worker story.. but it jibes with the Ju- Ju fingers...

Me - Look above..
        SCW - stupid co-worker

*Manager loudly "asks" someone to do something about dirty floor*
        *While busy doing three other things, stupid customer asks question*
        *Stupid co-worker uses this as excuse to gossip*
        *Not wanting to hear loud voice of best friend/manager guess who winds up sweeping???*

Me: Excuse me...
        SCW: *gab*gab*GAB*
        Me: EXCUSE ME...
        SCW: *gab*Gab*gab*
        Me: .... *starts sweping anyway*
        SCW: you bet'ah not!!!
        Me: ?????? *sweeps harder to get paper in corner*
        SCW: OH NO YOU DI'NT
        Me: *sweep??*
        SCW:*jumps vertically onto countertop*
        Me:*sweeps floor*

Turns out the girl's from the DEEP south. Being a Northerner, I had no CLUE about the superstition dealing with sweeping one's feet. Turns out my friend had to take a knife away from the girl, because she didn't "play dat!!"

Every time I had a problem with her after that..

I grabbed a broom!

Comment

Quoth Crazeyal View Post
          SCW: OH NO YOU DI'NT
          Me: *sweep??*
          BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I LOVE IT! I can picture it perfectly! Just the last little swipe, and her freaking. It's perfect! But, maybe, could you enlighten me as to the superstition? I'd like to hear about that.
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

On the correlation of cigarette and fag, a scene from Family Guy.

Cleveland: The only British idiom I know is that fag means cigarette.

Peter: Yeah, well someone tell this cigarette to shut up!

Then there's the hilarious different meanings of fanny in the States and fanny in the UK.
            The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth ArenaBoy View Post
              Then there's the hilarious different meanings of fanny in the States and fanny in the UK.
              ::Looks it up::

Oh my god, what happens when someone talks about their fanny pack while being a tourist in the UK?

Comment

It's an old folk superstition. Depending on where you go, it's affects are suposedly differant. Idon't know what SHE thought would happen. I've heard things from "you go to jail" or "You'll never get married" to just downright "bad luck"...

I am as susceptable to any bs as the next person.. but after you grow up and get edjumacated, most fears SHOULD be stopped by reason.

Comment

Quoth Shengirl View Post
                  ::Looks it up::

Oh my god, what happens when someone talks about their fanny pack while being a tourist in the UK?
                  We laugh at you.

In fact- you know Spike in Buffy- he got away with some quite nasty swearwords in there, because he was 'british'. That was always funny.
                  Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

Yep; we stand there and laugh our heads off. XD

What always amuses me too, is the way Americans call people "donkey hole". That's what an ass is, you know. XD
                    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                      What always amuses me too, is the way Americans call people "donkey hole". That's what an ass is, you know. XD
                      I promise I have never called anyone a "donkey hole." o_O Just plain ass or ass hole, however - that I've certainly done.

Comment

Quoth Shengirl View Post
                        I promise I have never called anyone a "donkey hole." o_O Just plain ass or ass hole, however - that I've certainly done.
                        We mean that if you are calling someone an asshole actually = donkey hole.
                        Ass is arse to us brits.
                        Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

OH. I am so retarded today; I apologize. Lace's sentence structure confused me. And it's extra terrible because I have been known to say, "Can't be arsed," in various situations. So I should've gotten it. XD

Comment

My sentence structure is designed to confuse. xD
                            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth The Scaly Bard View Post
                              BOH: "How I know you ain't puttin' a curse on me?!"
                              Me *blinking while trying to switching gears*: "Huh? What? I'm trying to open the bag..."
                              BOH: "You better not be putting a curse on me!"
                              Where.
                              In the seven chunks of dirt.
                              We call earth.
                              Do you LIVE????
                              HOLY CRAP I thought people that stupid died out with barn hexes and stake burnings!!!
                              "Respect: to admit that something one may not enjoy or prefer might still have great value." ~L. Munoa

Comment

Quoth Sharsarannon View Post
                                Where.
                                In the seven chunks of dirt.
                                We call earth.
                                Do you LIVE????
                                HOLY CRAP I thought people that stupid died out with barn hexes and stake burnings!!!
                                Western Massachusetts.

Comment

Working...
                                X