Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, we can't tell that you left us, and your internal email is not sufficient

For some reason, some people think that because they change their service to someone else's, that old company is supposed to detect it, and stop billing for that service. Happens often.

I had a customer today, upset that she has a $3,000 bill because she no longer uses our services. In January, she requested a toll free number be moved to a new company, which was completed. To her, this also meant the rest of her PRI phone service was leaving us, although no mention was made in the initial request. She also went on to say we should have detected this change being they disconnected their equipment with us.

When I told her that we were not notified in writing on the required email, she told me she had an email as proof, which I told her to send in. She sent me an email from February, copied to people internal to her company, with our company not being listed anywhere, saying only "we keep receiving bills for this". Nowhere was there an email chain showing we were notified.

The really bad thing for her is, the person who supposedly requested this to us left their company, so it's even tougher for them to prove. I'm sure it's not over yet.

$3,000? Nah, it's not over by a long shot. They'll fight you tooth and nail until the bitter end...

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
      The really bad thing for her is, the person who supposedly requested this to us left their company, so it's even tougher for them to prove. I'm sure it's not over yet.
      Offering 5/2 that the person who "made the request" did so after finding out they were leaving...
      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Working...
      X