This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Skandranon View Post
    Of course, now he's 17, in juvie, and has a psychotic disorder, so maybe I was wrong.
    Well, that's what happens when you refuse to respect his...uh gangstaness?
    Gangstaism?
    Gangstitude?
    Gangstaocity?
    Gangstament?
    Gangstaliciousness?

Whatever the kids are calling it nowadays.

Comment

And something that I don't get is that almost every real gangsta would do anything to get out of living the way they do, or they don't want their younger siblings to grow up doing it. Some of the gangstas I do respect for that matter, that they may have screwed up big time, but they want their younger siblings to actually make a living and get out of the ghetto. I feel bad for the real ones, since that life is shitty. I also understand the idea of gangs in those areas, protection. What I don't understand is how they went from protecting eachother, and a brotherhood, to running drugs and prostitutes, and all that crap. I mean, I can see if you live in the hood, and your dad is gone, that you need someone to look up to, and you probably need to feel welcome somewhere. I mean, really there should be at least one gang who's goal isn't to deal drugs, and all that crap, but to make its members feel welcome and safe. Those would be gangstas that I could respect.
      It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
      ~~~H.L. Mencken

Comment

Quoth Sharsarannon View Post
        See, occasionally karma gives back to us-
        in my area, or in the worst parts of our county, you do not wear certain colors or do certain things with your hands, because you will be shot.
        hate to say it but it always comes off as interesting and slightly amusing in a sick sick way when some gangbanger "chav" kid gets shot and put in the hospital because a REAL gang member thought he was a rival.
        So what, I can't wear blue any more?
        "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Your description of your skin-tone sounds a lot like me. I'm partial to the phrase "whiter than an albino polar bear"(tm).*

*copyright BookstoreEscapee... oh, about 3 weeks ago, 2007

I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Gabrielle Proctor View Post
            I hate the word "cracker". I think it's just as bad as the "n" word.
            We have both banned in the site rules, save for occasions such as this where they are under discussion, or where a customer is being quoted verbatim. We don't need to bring that one out often, I'm pleased to say.

Rapscallion

Comment

Eeeeee Raps posted on my thread!!!! *faints* I feel so so so EEEEEEE!!!!!!!!
              It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
              ~~~H.L. Mencken

Comment

Quoth Gabrielle Proctor View Post
                Neko, I find it hard to believe your brother had a b- average. Didn't he fail the 6th grade like, twice? Whatever, I hate him.
                At the time, he had a B- average. My parents even used to say "Why can't you be more like him?". He drastically plummeted afterwards.

And it was 7th grade.

Comment

I hate those types of kids with a passion. And I mean the white ones, because I don't live in a very culturally diverse area.

Most people in this city are middle class working people. This isn't the burbs or the ghetto. Hell, even my old dump neighborhood, as slummy as it was, wasn't a real ghetto. But the people who lived there wanted it to be, and therefore, MADE it the ghetto. Acting all trashy and gangster like.

Usually when I hear stupid kids talking like that, and they look to me for an opinion or feedback, I'll say "I dunno dawg, I just don't REKONIZE where yas be comin from. Rollin down des streets and pimpin dese bitches and all..."

It sounds so funny when white people talk like that.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

One word for you: JNCOs
                    Two more: Cross Colors

These were the brands favored by the white wannabe gangsters at my high school. I often wondered how they walked or climbed stairs without tripping over their huge-ass pants.

They amuse me. It's always funny to hear them talk their gangster talk when they're whiter than man juice.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

IPF, the Jncos were just going out of style when I was in about 6th grade.

It's been FUBU, Ecko and Sean John (spelling?) ever since I can remember.

I remember FUBU stood for "For us by us"........
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

FUBU= Find Us Belts Urgently

Since FUBU jeans always seem to be worn with about a good inch of the wearer's undies visible above the waistband.
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Meh. In all honesty, this is nothing new--suburban, middle-class white kids have long tried to emulate poor minorities--even back in the day when 'minority' meant Italian or Irish.

And the gangstas have gone through the same transformation that seems to follow every 'outlaw' group--they start out with some degree of honor (though never as much as their apologists would like you to believe); then they find out that living outside the law a little, and living outside the law a lot aren't really a whole lot different in terms of punishment, but that living outside the law a lot pays better; then they get what honor they did start out with eroded by money.

Italians will tell you the same thing about la cosa nostra, for instance; the Chinese have the Triads and Tongs; and of course, the Japanese went through the same thing with the Yakuza.

These days, the real gangs are big business enterprises--some of them have even moved on from drug dealing to things like mortgage fraud (of course, that kind of crime isn't sexy, so you don't hear raps about guys cheating widows out of their homes).

Comment

In the words of a high school econ teacher I once had who taught in the worst parts of California: "Those gang banger wannabes will go from this (Does the whole walk thing) to this (Looks around protecting himself and freaking out) if I sent them to a REAL ghetto. I personally get a sick pleasure out of scaring a bunch of white guys listening to rap when I blast Alice in Chains.

Back when I worked for Whiskeyclone, there was a rather white frat boy type singing a rap song quite loudly, a lot more smarter people were laughing at the idiot.
                            The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth SongsOfDragons View Post
                              So what, I can't wear blue any more?
                              I processed a return last from a mother wanting to exchange a red winter coat for ANY other color, because her well-meaning parents sent her son a coat that happened to match one of the local gang colors. It was really sad, because most of this area is mid-to-upscale touristy stuff.
                              It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Hey I wear JNCOs, I find them comfortable. And the only jean shorts that fit me. I wear them now that they are out of style. Something I don't get about those, real gangsta wouldn't wear them, sine they cost an upwards of $60 a pair (I only could buy them when my dad wasn't sitting his worthless ass at home)
                                ~~~H.L. Mencken

Comment

Working...
                                X