X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Spice answers that age-old question:

What do women want?

Apparently, they want TV Actor and ex-NFL player, Isaiah Mustafa. He's a man with a towel around his waist, riding a horse, and smells like a man because he doesn't use ladies' bodywashes.

The video of the ad is embedded into the article, and let me tell you ... the ad is hilarious!

And yes, I'm now wishing Mr. Rum was Isaiah Mustafa (or at least smells like him).

Oh, my. Well!

My first thought was that "This woman, at least, wants a man that does not wear Old Spice."

However, upon seeing the ad, I wish to change my answer! Wow!

I thought the article was brilliant. (I guess that pronouncement should come as no shock to anyone reading my online serial story. )

And it's so true. Which is why you should never ask a woman out by saying "do you want to go out sometime?" or some other similar nonsense. "Go out with me." is what you should say. Because a man really SHOULD "smell like jetliners and punching."

Comment

i prefer the bruce campbell commercials.
      so deliciously cheesy

Comment

We saw that commercial the other night and laughed our heads off. It was really funny (and Husband will only use Old Spice anyway!).
        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

I love that commercial. There's a shorter follow-up to it, too, where he is riding the horse backwards.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

That was hilarious!!! pity Old Spice reminds me of my Grampa...
            The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Had a bad time at the local grocery store with Child Rum. I had to march her little butt out of the store and back into the car. (Mr. Rum finished up the shopping).

As soon as I got home, I hopped on the computer, came here to this thread, clicked my link, and immediately starting watching the commercial. Let's just say ... i'm having a better day now.
              Last edited by CaroPhoenix; 02-21-2010, 07:48 PM.

Comment

I think they must have updated the scent. Husband started using the body wash when someone gave him a bottle as a stocking stuffer. I have to admit, it smells pretty good. It is not the same scent.

I cannot speak for the after shave.

Comment

Original Old Spice aftershave has a special place in my heart cuz my dad wears it...don't know if I'd feel the same about it on someone I was dating, though..

Oh, and here's the second part.
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

A bajillion times? Is that even a number?

Really, i dont care - i just love watching the commercials. (The voice ... oh god ... that voice of his! i love deep voices ).

Hiyaaaaah!

Comment

I like old spice, if only cause my dad has worn nothing but. It drives mom nuts, which makes me like it even more Poor mom, maybe this commercial will change her mind!

Deep voice = love!
                      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

i'm with you there lillfilly about deep voice = love, love, love!

unfortunately, now that my dad has gotten older, he can't wear cologne or anything like that so he doesn't wear old spice any more. it makes me a sad rum.

Comment

Deep voices...OMG. Clancy Brown. I heart Clancy Brown. I think everytime I turn on the tv and see him, I ovulate.

Comment

Working...
                          X