Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I learned how much people really steal. I used to think, when I was a kid, that shoplifters were occasional happenings, a rare bad customer that would decide to do something like that. I came to realize, after working retail, that it was an everyday occurrence at businesses, and usually multiple attempts were made in each day.

I learned that a lot of stereotypes I'd rejected as being stereotypes turned out to be true after all, but I won't get into that too much, let me just give one example, old ladies like to talk to you like you're their only social contact and write their checks very, very slowly.

I learned that not smiling immediately at an entitlement minded person equals making an ugly face at them.

Comment

Quoth Rocko
      - If you show up everyday, may God have mercy on your soul if you try to call in, yet some people get to call in on weekends all the time

- If you bust your ass, no one notices. You screw up once, everybody knows
      These were SOOO true for me when I worked at the ice cream shop

I have learned that since my voice doesnt carry and I talk really quiet anyway, they cant hear me as I say something when they walk away!!

I have learned that when you realise you are having a really good day at work, not more than 2 seconds later a customer will come and happily burst your bubble!!
      "I want to be a mongoose. Can I be a mongoose dog?"

Comment

Quoth Sphinx
        These were SOOO true for me when I worked at the ice cream shop

I have learned that when you realise you are having a really good day at work, not more than 2 seconds later a customer will come and happily burst your bubble!!
        x2, except instead of an ice cream shop, its everywhere I've worked.

Comment

Working...
        X