Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New job! I've finally climbed the ladder!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New job! I've finally climbed the ladder!

The title might be a tad ambiguous, so to put it simply - I've been offered (and have subsequently accepted) a job offer as a Store Manager. Granted it is at dotty-box-pizzas, but the pay rate is substantially better than my current job, with more hours to boot.

I handed in my 2 weeks notice at my job today and will be starting my new job in roughly 2 and a half weeks.
    Violets are blue,
    Roses are red,
    I bequeath to thee...
    A boot to the head >_>

Fantastic. Just fantastic!
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

We should have a party to celebrate.

Now who should we have bring the pizzas?
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Someone Say Pizza Party?
        Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Congrats! ^__^

The owners won't mind if we have your competitors deliver their pizza to your store door, right?
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Remember to keep your little paeans and minions all working hard and happy without having to be ruthlessly downtrodden
            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
              Remember to keep your little paeans and minions all working hard and happy without having to be ruthlessly downtrodden
              No need to worry about that. I've been working in retail for some 20 or so years now and been through more than my fair share of managers, both sucky and not-so. I have a pretty good idea by this point of how to play things out so that staff will remain happy while also doing their fair share of work.

First thing I am going to drill into them: "I am here to be your boss, not your friend. That doesn't mean I'm not going to be FRIENDLY though."
              Violets are blue,
              Roses are red,
              I bequeath to thee...
              A boot to the head >_>

Comment

Working...
              X