This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth tamezin View Post
    Of course we want it free, keep in mind though, most customers will return to the place of purchase for accessories etc. I know we did.
    It all depends on the store/agent. They all have different policies, and honestly, be careful. Some agents will give you the moon for free, but it may not come from where you thought it did. OR They have some ridiculous hidden fees or termination policies. I know some third party online services will try to undercut the company my store represents, but when you read the fine print- well, let's just say it's not as good a deal as most consumers think it is.

Also, when I see companies giving away accessories or headsets or phones for free, when I KNOW that they are NOT making a profit off of it if they bought it legitemately, it makes me wonder where they are getting their products from. Trust me, the corporate office kills us in terms of what we pay on phones. That's why once in awhile, our prices don't even match the company's- we can't possibly do it- we'd lose money (usually only on secondary lines) (and yes, we have complained to our representatives when this happens). Some third party vendors will sell phones that are NOT company branded or sanctioned.

Furthermore, and we do this at my store, too, we can check our price sheets, and compare our profit margins based on what service plan a customer is signing up for. Sometimes deals are based solely on what base plan you want, what additional services you are adding to that plan, and how many phone lines you are activating/if they are new lines or existing lines you are upgrading.

If the salesperson is anything like me, your attitude may affect pricing, too. Obviously, I bend over backwards for polite customers. I only do what I have to for jerk customers.

Also, not everyone who walks sucks. I know as a salesperson that that may happen. I accept it as part of my job. I can't help everyone. I can't always do what everyone wants or needs me to do. But, for almost everyone, I will do everything I can to make their experience a good one.

The people who annoy me are the entitlement twits and super cheapos... and repeat time-wasters.
    I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Working...
    X