X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conversation with Tech Drone 89240

Tech: Why are you guys so busy today?

Me: You just keep calling in... *he laughs* Why don't you tell everyone our systems are going down? Then they'll stop calling.

Tech: HAH! No, I'd be lynched.

It's so fun dealing with coworkers sometimes.

Comment

at my pizza place

HMMMMM BIG NIGHT HOME football game and the store is at the center of Cheeseheadland Central

HMMMMMM BIG <religious group> regional/national convention over a three day holiday weekend (convention starts Friday morning and ends Sunday afternoon.

HMMMMMMM IT is the holiday season (meaning Thanksgiving EVE Black Friday, Sat. Sunday OR the time between Xmas and New Years OR Xmas Eve or New Years Eve)

There is a blizzard going on outside and the roads are hazardous to drive on and everyone is suffering pizza withdrawl.

There is a VERY heavy rain storm going on and EVERYONE just NEEDS their pizza fix NOW

There is an ice storm going on and everyone is in pizza withdrawl.

Sorry I do not KNOW why we got busy.

It is a Friday or Saturday night coupled that falls on <event or holiday>
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Because 40 years ago when the city built the airport they were not planning on 10 million customers a year.
        Meeeeoooow.....
        Still missing you, Plaid

Comment

Why is it so busy here?

1. You have come here during one of our busy times, the times that everyone comes here. For example, lunch time, when the schools turn out, and when the nine to fivers finish work. If you don't want to queue, then come during a quieter time.

2. We're the petrol station currently selling fuel at the cheapest price in town.

3. There is an equipment failure and we've had to close pumps/work from one till. Be glad that we're staying open despite this.
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
            at my pizza place

HMMMMM BIG NIGHT HOME football game and the store is at the center of Cheeseheadland Central
            Channeling my former job as a pizza delivery driver over here in the land of Ravenous Weasels (which is to say, Gulo gulo):

The [insert major sporting event] is happening today. We are fully staffed. We have so many drivers in the store that we're tripping over each other. Three guys are looking at the delivery area map to determine where to go right now. And I haven't seen anyone leave the store with fewer than 4 bags in the last 3 hours. And we still can't keep up. Which is why the lead time we're quoting for delivery is over 3 hours.
            "I often look at every second idiot and think, 'He needs more power.'" --Varric Tethras, Dragon Age II

Comment

Quoth BPFH View Post
              Channeling my former job as a pizza delivery driver over here in the land of Ravenous Weasels (which is to say, Gulo gulo):

The [insert major sporting event] is happening today. We are fully staffed. We have so many drivers in the store that we're tripping over each other. Three guys are looking at the delivery area map to determine where to go right now. And I haven't seen anyone leave the store with fewer than 4 bags in the last 3 hours. And we still can't keep up. Which is why the lead time we're quoting for delivery is over 3 hours.
              Once at the pizza place, there was an England vs Germany Euro whatever game. We were all working flat out before the game, as well as during. About ten minutes before the end of the game, we ran out of pizza. Luckily, cuz for a miracle, England had won, customers who called after found it hilarious that a pizza place could run out of pizza, and instead ordered tons of side orders. We only had two SCs who whined about the fact. By the end of the night, we had nothing left. XD
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

The library equivalent of this would be people coming up the customer service desk and asking why their returned items hadn't been checked in yet. My ideal responses for this would be one of the following:

- because other people besides you are also returning their library materials.

- we don't have an automatic check-in machine, a staff member has to physically retrieve stuff from the bookdrop, take it over to a computer, and check it in.

- Maybe if you didn't check out 20+ items and return them all at once?

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                  Once at the pizza place, there was an England vs Germany Euro whatever game. We were all working flat out before the game, as well as during. About ten minutes before the end of the game, we ran out of pizza. Luckily, cuz for a miracle, England had won, customers who called after found it hilarious that a pizza place could run out of pizza, and instead ordered tons of side orders. We only had two SCs who whined about the fact. By the end of the night, we had nothing left. XD
                  In the bakery it's not uncommon for us to run out of dinner rolls between Halloween and New Years, especially since we prep about six to seven boxes the night before. Usually by the day before Thanksgiving we'd be lucky to have one bag left at closing, if that much. The amount of people who bitch and complain about that is astounding and some have tried to order some for the following day.

The looks on their faces when I or someone else tells them that out of the four days the Warehouse is closed, yes Thanksgiving IS ONE OF THEM.
                  Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

One that I heard from a couple of vet drivers:

The NIGHT of 9/11/2001 they were running a 3 hour delivery time but not too many people complained.

HMMMMM it is a nice summer night and I am running out the door with quads for like 3 hours. A customer commented "COME ON>>>>>> How long does it take to make and cook a pizza?????????

My answer about 15 minutes BUT there are like 35 orders AHEAD OF YOU and that takes up the time.

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                      One that I heard from a couple of vet drivers:

The NIGHT of 9/11/2001 they were running a 3 hour delivery time but not too many people complained.

HMMMMM it is a nice summer night and I am running out the door with quads for like 3 hours. A customer commented "COME ON>>>>>> How long does it take to make and cook a pizza?????????

My answer about 15 minutes BUT there are like 35 orders AHEAD OF YOU and that takes up the time.
                      I'd be tempted to say, "How about you make a pizza yourself if you think you can do it quicker?"

At the pizza place if it got really busy, delivery time could end up being anything from forty five minutes to two hours cuz of the drivers not being equipped with teleportation devices and needing to return from wherever they were to the shop!
                      My DeviantArt.

Comment

ok forgive me for being slow, but Racket Man, why would 9/11 affect pizza delivery? unless of course, they were talking about service being slow in NYC, D.C or PA
                        "Much butthurt I sense in you, cry like a bitch you should"

Comment

Quoth CorneliaMarieRocks View Post
                          ok forgive me for being slow, but Racket Man, why would 9/11 affect pizza delivery? unless of course, they were talking about service being slow in NYC, D.C or PA
                          Even all the way over here I remember most people I knew watched the news all day long. I would imagine that could lead to "what should we do for dinner, I don't want to cook" or "I'm not going to the grocery store today..." etc. Also since airports were shut down people there were probably a lot people ordering food to hotels, and such.
                          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth CorneliaMarieRocks View Post
                            Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                            Even all the way over here I remember most people I knew watched the news all day long. I would imagine that could lead to "what should we do for dinner, I don't want to cook" or "I'm not going to the grocery store today..." etc. Also since airports were shut down people there were probably a lot people ordering food to hotels, and such.
                            THIS ^^^^^^^^ what NAR said. Everyone was literally glued to the wall-to-wall TV coverage for like 48 hours just sitting there in shock and horror and they did not want to look away.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                              Also since airports were shut down people there were probably a lot people ordering food to hotels, and such.
                              This. Traffic in our town was already a mess and every hotel was full to the brim. I had several neighbors ask if I could take in relatives but as I had no room I couldn't help them...

Comment

The same goes for weather emergencies, like snow; people just order in food, cuz it doesn't occur to them that it might be difficult for a delivery driver to drive on roads, just like it is for them.
                                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                                X