This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please wish me luck.

Those of you who have been around a long time know I have some serious addiction issues. Specifically, I LOVE alcohol, and love cocaine almost as much. But I haven't done coke in about 5 years.

Well, it's back to the point where I can't even make it through half a shift without hitting severe withdrawal.

As it turns out, alcohol is one of only a couple of chemicals than can kill you during withdrawal. The other day, I started puking all over the place and managed to shit myself (neither are much fun, btw), before getting sent home. I haven't been back to work since then.

The last time I hit nasty withdrawal from alcohol, I spent a week in ICU at the nearest hospital. Catheters suck, btw. So does getting screamed at by family after your doctor has informed them I have a roughly 15-20% chance of living.

I'm gonna go in tomorrow and try to talk to both my boss and HR about me taking a week off to do detox. I'm checking myself into detox by mid week at the latest no matter what, but it'd be nice to have my job waiting for me when I come out.

So uhm... wish me luck? It's a large employer, so they're bound by FMLA practices. Former store management has chosen to ignore FMLA regulations before (and got fired over it).
    Last edited by bean; 04-18-2010, 01:09 AM.

*snugs hard and holds* Good luck man, be careful and I wish all the protections I know to safely come through this for the better.

Comment

*Hugs* I'm sending good vibes and wishes your way, man. Take care of yourself, ok?
      What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

Best of luck to you.

And good on you for working to clean yourself up.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

good luck, dood. i know you'll make it!
          If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
          ^_^

Comment

Well, just talked to the store manager.

"Hey <name>, it's Bean from front end, uhm... I'm about to check myself into a hospital"

Him: "WHAT? OMG are you gonna be ok? You don't have to tell me why either"

Me: "I don't mind telling you.. it's chemical dependency, my doctor told me I need inpatient care for about a week so I can kick this shit"

Him: "Duuuuuude... take care of yourself ok? We'll be thinking about you. I'll take care of everything on this end for you, just let us know when you'll be able to come back ok?"

So, at least that went well.

I really, really love management in my store. No harsh words or anything, just "Dude take care of yourself first".

Comment

Wishing you the best of luck. Make yourself healthy!
              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

The best of luck!
                And good for you recognising that you have to do something about your addiction!

See you in about a week then
                No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Absolutely thinking of you/praying/wishing you all the best. You're in a really hard place and I absolutely respect you for taking the route you are! Also, I'm sooooo glad you have good managers right now!
                  The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

Good luck, I hope you are feeling well very soon.
                    I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

Good luck! I hope you recover well.
                      The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

We'll be here when you get out.

Rapscallion

Comment

Good luck bro. Hope it works out
                          Military Spouse Support.
                          http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                          Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

You stay there as long as you need too. We'll keep your seat warm here for you.

Comment

Good luck.
                              Friends help you move. Rare friends help you move bodies.

Comment

Working...
                              X