This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why do they whine????

So its my first day back after beign at home with a another sinus infection.I ended up having to go to the hospital (which is a story all its own,go wait in the waiting room we don't care that you are having trouble breathing)because of my severe asthma. Anyways I really can't do much because I still get tired and out of breath really fast. I'm standing there and a jackass comes in(at this point they are all jackasses.) and she stands and stares at our medical section for a while.And then she ask if we have some random product.I say no we don't but the bookstore does upstairs. Her reaction still amazes me..In the most whining,annoying,wanting to slap her voice she says...

But I don't waaaannnnnnt to walk up the stairs and go to the bookstore(1eleventy)

I swear if look could kill that jackass would have been dead right there. Only thing I could say was well the bookstore is up one flight of stairs and right at the top pf the stairs,it not that far.

But I don't waaaaannnnt to!!!!

And finally I just lost it,I said well I'm not carrying you up the stairs and I'm not closing my store to walk up there for you.
    She just stared and then left.I swear what do these people want us to do? My mom never let us whine,she would have given us a swift kick in the pants.
    the kicker was this woman was maybe in her late 40s not old or unable to walk. I maybe could have seen this behavior from a 20 something but someone in their 40s or 50s

it's called the customer wants customer service and they want you to do anything for them to be your customer. It's bullcrap but my theroy is they think we are their slaves and if they buy something from you if she has in the past, they expect you to do what they want because they"pay your paycheck" and by doing this for her you are giving her a valuable service. hold on"cough cough bullcrap bullcrap" sorry bad crap cold.
    I like to scare small childeren, it's fun and as long as you can out run the parents you can get away with it.

Comment

Quoth candyshopgirl View Post
      My mom never let us whine,she would have given us a swift kick in the pants.
      the kicker was this woman was maybe in her late 40s not old or unable to walk. I maybe could have seen this behavior from a 20 something but someone in their 40s or 50s
      Oh hell no, this is a behaviour that should be stamped out by the time you're three. A twenty something should not be doing this either.
      How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

I maybe could have seen this behavior from a 20 something but someone in their 40s or 50s
        I work with the 40-50 year old women demographic. Trust me, they are EXPERT whiners. I used to have some respect for Baby Boomers. After my current job, it's dropped to almost none. (apologies to any Boomers on here who are actually decent people! )
        "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

My mom never let us whine,she would have given us a swift kick in the pants.
          My 70+ mother-in-law is the whiner's whiner. Fortunately I am immune and have succeeded in curing my wife of this mental illness.

There are some who actually view this as an acceptable form of communication.

MY parents would be glad to give me something to really whine about. Like say, a backhand up the side of the head.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
            Oh hell no, this is a behaviour that should be stamped out by the time you're three.
            But again, society seems to tolerate that crap.

Let me introduce you to my coworker "Beth." Beth whines about how her favorite eatery is "too far" from work. It's not, she doesn't feel like walking the 2 blocks to get there. Yes, she actually *drives* the two blocks...and then starts whining about how expensive gasoline is, or how there's "no parking available" there (or at the workplace, for that matter) In fact, just the other day, she was whining about how our supply cabinet is downstairs. Gee, an entire floor
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

My mom whines. She sounds like a five year old and says stuff like: "Get me a nice hot cup of Teeaa."

The thing is, she only does it around the family, and it's always just a different way to ask for something. My mom would NEVER do that in public.

SC
              "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Damn, seems like people are getting whinier and lazier these days. No way would my family tolerate whining.
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth protege View Post

Let me introduce you to my coworker "Beth." Beth whines about how her favorite eatery is "too far" from work. It's not, she doesn't feel like walking the 2 blocks to get there. Yes, she actually *drives* the two blocks...and then starts whining about how expensive gasoline is, or how there's "no parking available" there (or at the workplace, for that matter) In fact, just the other day, she was whining about how our supply cabinet is downstairs. Gee, an entire floor
                  yeah and when she has a heart attack she'll just never understand why.....
                  MMMMM lack of exercise,maybe.
                  When I can't go to the gym I damn make sure I move as much as possible at work.

Comment

There is a coworker in our office whose every utterance is in a whining tone. As much as possible, I won't speak to her in person or on the phone. I send emails, but she always calls back.
                    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                    HR believes the first person in the door
                    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                    Document everything
                    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I admit when I was having breathing issues last fall I asked (in a normal tone with sir/ ma'am, Please Thank you etc) for assistance.
                      It was obvious I was having problems breathing.
                      I had errands that had to be run and well single no kids gotta do it for yourself.
                      Most stores were great and more than willing to accomodate.
                      My regular grocery even offered that I could fax my list call from my car . . .they would come out get credit card, charge me, bring card and groceries out to me. (again regular as in the store at least once if not twice a week every week)
                      I had one store that wasn't able to help me . . .I said fine and walked out.
                      But hey, post surgery, breathing a whole lot easier . . .we will see what happens when we hit the weeks of see saw weather season here.

Comment

Speaking of whiners, anyone who watches Project Runway - I have one word for you...

Kenley.

She has the most drop-dead ANNOYING voice I have ever heard in my nearly 40 years on this earth. I actually have to mute the TV when she is speaking.

Sorry - OT rant over.
                        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                          Speaking of whiners, anyone who watches Project Runway - I have one word for you...

Kenley.

She has the most drop-dead ANNOYING voice I have ever heard in my nearly 40 years on this earth. I actually have to mute the TV when she is speaking.

Sorry - OT rant over.
                          Yes! I'm trying to figure out how to speak through my nose to sound like her.
                          whohatesshrimp?

Comment

Quoth protege View Post

Sounds like she should either be a) offered some cheese to go with the whine

or

b) give that baby a Binky

Either way, she needs something in her mouth to shut her the f up.
                            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

And people wonder why I say I liked my dog better than people. -_-
                              Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Working...
                              X