• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imagine her thoughts:

"You are looking at my boobs! You pervert!"

"What? You AREN'T looking at my boobs? YOU BASTARD!!"

Comment

A good friend of mine had an awesome setup for breastfeeding her little girl on the run - she had one of those slings that is basically a long length of fabric secured with a metal ring (a lot like this, only purple). When baby was laying down, it could fold up right over her head, so when it was feeding time she'd just roll her shirt up over her boob, latch baby on, and fold the sling up to cover baby's head (and thus the boob). All you might see was a bit of her bare belly below the sling. She could feed anywhere, anytime without raising an eyebrow, and baby was supremely comfy to boot. Even so, whenever we were somewhere like a restaurant, cafe, or some other public establishment, she would always position herself in a discreet spot and ask the waitress/CSR if they minded her doing it - the answer was always "No worries!", but she felt it was a simple polite courtesy.

Comment

And that, to me anyway, is everything. Those who give respect receive it; and your friend sounds a star. ^^
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Cat View Post
          I was about to comment that outside food was not allowed,
          I know that was probably tongue-in-cheek and meant to be funny, but, unless you sell breast milk, that would have been a little rude.
          What would you suggest the baby eat? If she had a baby bottle with formula or milk, would you tell them they can't have that in there because it's outside food?

Ahhh...the breastfeeding issue. What fun.
          Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

I always figured with as much Mountain Dew as people my age tend to drink, some young mums might have breasts full of Dew for the little ones!
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
              I know that was probably tongue-in-cheek and meant to be funny, but, unless you sell breast milk, that would have been a little rude.
              What would you suggest the baby eat? If she had a baby bottle with formula or milk, would you tell them they can't have that in there because it's outside food?

Ahhh...the breastfeeding issue. What fun.
              Yes, I would have...my manager at the time was strict with the rules (aren't the all?)
              "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
              "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                I always figured with as much Mountain Dew as people my age tend to drink, some young mums might have breasts full of Dew for the little ones!
                For some reason, that absolutely slays me!
                All that glitters has a high refractive index.

The meat is rotten, but the booze is holding out.
                -> Computer translation of "The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak."

Comment

My oldest son hated being covered by anything when he breastfed. He liked to look at me when he was eating and if he couldn't he would scream. I would fed him when ever and were ever. If you saw my breast, it meant you were too close, since I just slipped my shirt up and his head covered the rest.

My daughter and little guy didn't mind being in the sling (which is the thing Filmwench was showing) when they ate, so it wasn't much of an issue with them.

I suggest to those who say that should be done in the bathroom to go eat their meal in there first and tell us how that goes for them.

When I'm out there are people that total gross me out with the way they eat and the things they do at a meal, do I have the right to demand that they cover up or take it to the bathroom? No. I also don't stare at them either, as I was taught that staring at someone is rude.

I could not get the hang of those stupid breast pumps and could never get anything to come out. It was just easier to breast feed.

Don't get me started on the milk flowing when it's not even your baby that is crying! UGH!
                  Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Never having had kids or having breastfed a kid, I can't really speak from that experience. However, I do agree that having to go the bathroom is a little too much - sometimes there are smells there that would put ANYONE off their food.
                    If you are discreet, and even angle yourself more towards the wall than the general public, I don't see what the big deal is.

If you whip your top and bra off, shake em around a bit (baby might wanna milkshake!) then don't be surprised if people are staring. I've been in a few restaurants where women have breastfed, and I honestly didn't even notice until they burped the tyke.

I think one of the reasons why people are uncomfortable with breastfeeding (please note, this is a generalisation and therefore will not apply to absolutely everyone) is that society has sexualised breasts quite a lot. So to see someone using them for their other main purpose (feeding, not looking perky and hawt) might make them a little squicky about it.
                    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth Cat View Post
                      Yes, I would have...my manager at the time was strict with the rules (aren't the all?)

Cutting off one's nose to spite the face, in my opinion.
                      Your boss must have been an absolute ass, not to mention, extremely biased against people with babies.
                      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

The irony in all this

If you had a tv on replaying Janet Jackson's 'wardrobe malfunction' on in the store, the lady would have protested about it being inappropriate.

And yet, since the has the Badge of Motherhood, that somehow gives her the right to expose herself in public.

Comment

The fact is that, like it or not, breasts are sexual and baring your breasts is exposing yourself. After all, in ancient China, feet were considered sexy when their function is for walking. There's no point in denying the sexuality of breasts. Especially since it certainly is possible to feed a baby without whipping your top off and flinging out both breasts; unless you have twins, you only need one, surely? O.o
                          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post

Cutting off one's nose to spite the face, in my opinion.
                            Your boss must have been an absolute ass, not to mention, extremely biased against people with babies.
                            No, we were not allowed outside food. This coffee shop was literally a whole in the wall in a mall, with 2 tables. THe outside food comment would have been a joke, if she wasn't sitting 2 feet in front of me when I had help paying customer, this wouldn't have been a problem.

My cousin recently had a kid, I was sitting with her when she was feeding him....he was covered (she has this neat shirt that unbuttoned in a clever way) Never knew the kid was eating...he looked like he was sleeping (though, knowing his dad, he was prolly doing both)
                            "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                            "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                              Especially since it certainly is possible to feed a baby without whipping your top off and flinging out both breasts; unless you have twins, you only need one, surely? O.o
                              Who and where are the women that do this? I have never, ever seen them.
                              "Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds..."

Though I am not naturally honest, I am so sometimes by chance.

Comment

They exist alright; I have never seen a Great White shark, but I don't deny their existance just cuz I personally have never encountered one. Read the thread; I believe some people have already spoken of these people.
                                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                                X