Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No! Not a Router! A ROUTER!!! (Long, Painful Customer Conversation)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy crap, you're patient.
    I don't think I could've done that.
    whohatesshrimp?

Comment

I think I would have pulled all my hair out somewhere during that converstation. I don't know how you kept your cool...

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        Oh man, how tempted I would be in that situation to take a cardboard box, cut a few little cord-shaped holes in it, and write "LINKY!!!11!! ROUTER!!!!!!!1111!!!1" on it.
        Edited for truth.

To the OP - My sympathies. At least I was able to put the earplugs in before my brain escaped to go play on the highway.

B
        "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
        I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

I always hated selling Linksys routers purely for the reason no one could pronounce it.

I got See-link, Sis-link, linskies, link-see and other odd variations

But, that lady takes the cakes for the dumbest..
          When will the fantasy end? When will the heaven begin?

Comment

I am amazed by your patience! I think I would have cried halfway through the exchange or something. I do feel for the woman though...this is probably her first time dealing with this type of technology. I feel more for you, in the end.

I think it's good the way you handle the situation. Just agree with the customer, get more information, so in the end, you sell the customer exactly what she needs. It just sucks that it was that much of a headache!

The only bad thing is that you mentioned my gazebo customer! I finally went through so many days without thinking about her and now I'm as mad as I was when the gazebo incident happened!

Comment

OK, Hawaiin Shirts, you have driven me to drink with that post that lady was so stupid... I'm pretty sure I could send this story to my mother who CAN"T drink (and even before her cancer diagnosis she never wanted to drink) and she'd even be driven to drink reading that.
              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

From now on I'm going to read this post every morning so I remember how lucky I am that I haven't met one of these customers -- yet.

I think I hear one coming
                Last edited by clowninasack; 10-09-2008, 04:21 AM. Reason: I'm an idjit.

Comment

Jeebus!!! Now THAT'S an example of the worst kind, an example of someone who is techtarded.
                  Check out my cosplay social group!
                  http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

How did not end up strangling/choking/smacking/screaming at that stupid lady?

I would have gone bananas.
                    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

[Get Smart] I've got you now, Craw!

Not Craw, you fool, Craw![/Get Smart]

Comment

I am reminded of The Two Ronnies' Fork Handles sketch
                        "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

I can't help imaging her going through life like that...

Marriage :
                          Do you SC take this man...
                          No, no I want to MARRY him.

Quoth Fashion Lad! View Post
                          I always hated selling Linksys routers purely for the reason no one could pronounce it.

I got See-link, Sis-link, linskies, link-see and other odd variations
                          I have them stuck in my head as being Russian - Linkski. I know it's wrong. I own one of their routers. I bought it (thankfully without having to name them) and set it up properly and everything. I still can't stop thinking of them as Linkski. *Hangs head*

Victoria J

Comment

you're extremely talented!

Comment

That story has me rolling on the floors.
                              http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/100130
                              Melody Gardot

Comment

Ow! Isnt anyone besides me worried about the next call in when she tries to install it?

My bet is that she will use phone RJ45 connectors that she had lying around, plugged into the wrong slots, and not power it (because its wirelress dontchaknow). And call in about the "defective box".

Comment

Working...
                                X