Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This woman is crazy; customer behind her agrees.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This woman is crazy; customer behind her agrees.

I haven't had a lot of morons come into the store lately that I've had to interact with, which was, I must say, a welcome change from the usual plethora of utter suck. This woman definitely took the cake for direct interaction to crazy that I've experienced.

CL: crazy lady. holy shit.
    Me: I'm confused. I'm so confused.
    OC: lady in line behind The Crazy

CL: Yeah, I'm looking for a new Xbox controller for my son.
    Me: Okay, regular Xbox or Xbox360?
    CL: Oh, I don't really know.
    Me: ( No, no, keep your happy face marty!) Well, I'll show you the regular Xbox, and if that's the right one then I can help you find a specific one.

I show them to her. That is, in fact, the right kind.

Me: Alright, well I'll let you choose which one you think he'll be pleased with, we have wired, wireless, used and new. Let me know if you have any more questions and I'll be happy to help you.

So I go back to straightening the walls, which happens to be the DS section. She walks up besides me, starts pawing the DS accessories, and looks to her daughter.

CL: I wonder if they have any pink ones, I bet he'd be mad if we played that joke on him!

I don't answer. I assumed she was talking to her daughter and that if she really wanted to know, she would ask me directly. I was wrong.

CL: Well, I guess she's not listening to me.
    Me: I'm sorry ma'am, I didn't realize you were talking to me. We don't carry any pink controllers for the regular Xbox, I'm not sure they made any in that color.

So they decide on one and I make my way to the counter to ring them up. They hand me the controller, and this is where the real crazy kicked in.

CL: Did I offend you or something?
    Me: Whuh? No..I'm sorry if something seemed that way, I didn't realize I looked mad?
    CL: Well you looked offended.
    Me: I..I apologize? (WTF?)

I rang her through. After they're out the door I give my coworker a confused and alarmed look. The lady in line behind Nutso sets her stuff on the counter.

OC: Well she was just off her damn rocker, wasn't she? Don't let it bother you, she looked crazy.
    Me: Thanks.

Sigh. WTF?
    Would you like a Stummies?

Quoth marty View Post
    CL: I wonder if they have any pink ones, I bet he'd be mad if we played that joke on him!

I don't answer. I assumed she was talking to her daughter and that if she really wanted to know, she would ask me directly. I was wrong.

I usually don't answer either, unless they are talking to me directly. I don't go for that third party type of conversation, especially when I'm standing right there.

Quoth marty View Post
    CL: Did I offend you or something?
    Reminded me of Duckie .... "Do I offend?"
    This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Yeah... I wouldn't have responded either. It didn't sound like she was talking to you because of the way she phrased the question.

Quoth karma_gypsy View Post
      Reminded me of Duckie .... "Do I offend?"
      Duckie! *pounce and hugs*
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth marty View Post
        CL: Yeah, I'm looking for a new Xbox controller for my son.
        Me: Okay, regular Xbox or Xbox360?
        CL: Oh, I don't really know.
        Me: ( No, no, keep your happy face marty!) Well, I'll show you the regular Xbox, and if that's the right one then I can help you find a specific one.
        Generally, when I got a customer who didn't know which was which, I'd describe the XBox to them and ask if that's the one they have.

What aggravated the fuck out of me is when my CO-WORKERS wouldn't know the difference and tell customers we had something we never carry.
        6/16/2008: Best. Day. Ever.

Things I've Learned: Birth is not a miracle, it's a science, and science is damned disgusting. It's also really, really, cool.

Comment

Working...
        X