Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting together for MiL's birthday (Should I be offended?)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=MaggieTheCat;892931 Also, BK, would you mind sharing your scalloped corn recipe? I've had scalloped potatoes and ham, which is excellent, but I've never heard of scalloped corn.[/QUOTE]

I alternate between these two recipes

scalloped corn-and my personal preference is to add ham so the salt cuts the sweetness(it's very similar to "corn cake), also I like ham, and will sometimes melt cheese on top as I am a firm believer in cheese goes on everything(YMMV-I have strange food tastes)

and this one
    I don't do the garnish, again it gets replaced with cheese(did I mention I like cheese ), and as my husband is allergic to eggs I leave those out, and I don't use canned ham, usually leftover "picnic ham".

As we all know you find a recipe and add/omit stuff you like don't like.
    Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Thanks for the recipes! I looooooooooovvvve mac & cheese!

And I agree...can't they miss one game? It's a family event, that should be priority.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

BlaqueKatt - I'm with you: everything tastes better with cheese!

@MoonCat - That's what I'm going to say to Mr. Rum. They really don't want me to be talking to them about it. But then again, BiL#1 (father of K1 and K3 - Child Rum is K2 for anyone keeping score - all 3 of the granddaughters have K names) is always mad @ his parents, holding a grudge because they wouldn't loan him a "measly" 3K when he needed it last year.

Comment

Updaaaaaate!

MommaNotaRum called last night. Probably wondering what we were doing today (May 7 as it's Mr. Rum's birthday and all). Then the talk evolved to what we were doing next Saturday (May 14, which is MiL's birthday).

He actually told her that we were coming down Friday night. We'd be staying Saturday. We'll be eating semi-early as we are NOT spending the night on Saturday. He doesn't care if BiL#1 and his wife & kids are there or not. We are leaving to get home at a decent hour to get home.

He was very insistent too. I think his Momma tried to whine and get him to agree to stay the night on Saturday. But he said "No". W00t! Mr. Rum is getting a backbone where it concerns his mother!

Comment

Working...
          X