This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dont normmaly ask, but good thoughts and prayers for lil sis

tonite, tuesday. my little sister was in a motorcycle accident. low speed. but broke her ankle (both bones). currently she is in the hospital awaiting surgery to fix the bones back in place. this is not a good time for her as she just started a new job and is supposed to start nursing school in a couple of weeks. so i dont normally ask for them but if you can send some good vibes/prayers/thoughts etc her way they would be very appreciated.
    This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
    my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

Sending all of the above ...wish her a speedy recovery.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Dang... what a bad time for this to happen!
      Give her huggin's for me.
      "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
      "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Definitely will keep her in my prayers, I hope everything turns out alright and she heals up quickly. <hugs>
        By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Wishing her strength for healing quickly.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

the outpouring of support is greatly appreciated. she is out of surgery. went in 3 hrs late. doped up on more narcotics than a horse. but still has her sense of humor. heres a little show and tell. 2 plates and 12 screws.
            Attached Files

Comment

Quoth SteeleDragon78 View Post
              the outpouring of support is greatly appreciated. she is out of surgery. went in 3 hrs late. doped up on more narcotics than a horse. but still has her sense of humor. heres a little show and tell. 2 plates and 12 screws.
              Here's the good news. She's less likely to have loss of range of motion in the ankle because she actually broke the leg bones, not an ankle bone.

She'll need to keep up with the physical therapy. If she does, she should eventually get full range of motion back.

When does she start nursing school? I'd imagine Fall semester, given the time of year, which means August probably. She should be able to get the pins out in 8-12 weeks.

Her ankle will probably be healed enough for her to go to nursing school on time, if so. She should talk to the instructors. Disability laws mean the school has to offer reasonable accommodations to allow her to attend clinic. I've had a student post knee surgery before. So it can be done.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, and for nursing school.
              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Even if a bit late, good thoughts are on the way.
                I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post

When does she start nursing school?
                  orientation is in a couple of weeks. she is attending the community college here which offers year round rotation.

Comment

Ditto all the good stuff above!
                    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

sorry for the late post on this one, sis came home last night. learned that she doesnt tollerate pic pumps well. she is now resting semi comfortably high as a kite on oxy. now we start the healing and go from there

Comment

Working...
                      X