X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate third party reservations!

GRR.

Last night I get a call from a cranky-assed bitch who's upset about crap I can't control. She checked in yesterday just fine but the problem was at check out. She calls me in the late afternoon to bitch that the receipt she got says "she" was charged $109 and some change. Problem is, she paid with her credit card and was charged $139.

WARNING, WARNING WILL ROBINSON!

I've heard this before and explain that she had a prepaid reservation through a third party (Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia). This means she paid them to stay here.

How do you think WE make money? We charge the Third Party for the room. It's a vicious cycle that works. That is, until some idjit (my FOM, it seems, who certainly knows better!) hands over a receipt to the guest when they aren't supposed to.

Third Party Reservations don't get receipts from us for a reason! Mostly because they already have a receipt in their inbox! THIS ISN'T DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND!!

Depressingly, we had the same exact rate she paid, but chose to pay the extra taxes and booking fees to use the third party group.

Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

What I hate about those bookings is the guest will never accept that the receipt will be provided by the website that they booked through. I've had people get beligerent even after I explain that (and this is full of shit, but most people buy it) how are system works is that it prints the receipt for only the after commission amount and that it would violate are agreement with the third party to keep the commission amount confidential and it wouldn't do them any good anyway as it doesn't have an accurate total.
    Most people understand that, they may grumble that it's a stupid system (hey, I agree) but understand that there isn't anything that can be done about it. Then there are those people who will bitch and moan endlessly about how they need a printed receipt and it has to be from the hotel or they won't get reimbursed, blah blah blah. I just want to slap them and say if getting a receipt was so important why the hell didn't you call to ask to verify that one could be provided. You may think it's a stupid question, but I'd much rather have 10 people call me to ask stupid questions than one person not call to ask what turns out not to be a stupid question.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Another example of what occurs when one doesn't read. Heck, SCs can't even read giant signs on sale racks or hotel signs, and we expect them to grasp THIS stuff?!
      Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Oh EQ, I love the new avatar.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Thanks Bain. I actually use it on occasion on my lifejournal page.
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Urgh.. I totally understand...

The worst part for us at our hotel is that our previous FD manager (why she was setting up contracts I have no idea) had zero clue what she was doing. So every reservation we get from Expedia comes down as a Smoking room with 2 beds.

Every.... one..... of... them...

From the past 6 months I've had *maybe* one room that was actually booked as a smoking room with 2 beds... and probably 5-600 that were meant to be *Non* smoking.

Normally this isn't a problem but on days when we're sold out 2 weeks in advance and we cant fudge rooms into different room types based on actual room occupancy it's caused some pretty horrifying overbookings of non smoking rooms.

And trying to call expedia to fix the problem is an utter waste of time...

And the sad part is my 2nd job is at a third party company. So i have this unique hatred for myself that doesn't ever really fade... But eating is sure nice.. so i suffer through it

Comment

Working...
            X