X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can't pretend to be an asshole.

You can only be one.

If there is a line of cars ahead of you and behind, don't assume I want to hear you joke about how you think you should get your drinks for free because of the superbowl. There's only two of us scheduled to work right now and the other girl is trying to work the line inside.

Don't get mad at me for not laughing at your "joke".
    Flood

Customers would try to be funny when I worked at Wally World as a cashier & would get all bent out of shape when I didn't laugh or react to to their stupid attempts at humour.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
      Customers would try to be funny when I worked at Wally World as a cashier & would get all bent out of shape when I didn't laugh or react to to their stupid attempts at humour.
      Experienced the same thing at the grocery store. And if anyone wants to ask me about it, here's the response they end up with:

Jokes are funny - that's not. If I don't find it funny, I don't laugh.

IOW, tough shit. Want to be funny, go try out at open mike night at the local comedy zoo. The checkout line at the grocery store ain't exactly the venue.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Sure, they get a free drink - if they pay double for their food!

See who's laughing then...
        "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Quoth KatherineB View Post
          Sure, they get a free drink - if they pay double for their food!

See who's laughing then...
          This is at ye olde greene aprone. All he wanted was drinks.
          Flood

Comment

This situation is the bane of my existence. How is it rude to not say to someone, "You're not funny."? I think letting it slide is more polite, and yet they get all pissy.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Yeah, I got the jokers, too. They were rarely funny. I liked to laugh with my customers when they were funny, but there are only so many jokes that work in a retail setting.

What I'm trying to figure out is this:

Quoth Flood View Post
              ...about how you think you should get your drinks for free because of the superbowl...
              What? How does a nationally televised sporting event entitle anyone to free stuff at their local drive-through food/drink place?
              I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
              - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
              - IPF

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
                What? How does a nationally televised sporting event entitle anyone to free stuff at their local drive-through food/drink place?
                I really didn't have the patience to wait and figure out his logic.
                Flood

Comment

SC: "Wassa matta? Got no sense of humor?"

Me:"I know, right? I laugh and laugh at stuff on TV or in movies or books, but I never seem to get the jokes you guys make. My loss I guess."

Comes off as agreeing with them, but you can see it squirming around in their little brains trying to figure out if it's a put-down.

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
                    Quoth Flood View Post
                    I really didn't have the patience to wait and figure out his logic.
                    When it comes to people who watch stuff, whether it's sports, movies, TV shows, or anything that can be watched, there's three kinds of people: People who like it, people who love it, and people who believe that the thing they watch is superior to all other things and they are superior to all other people because they watch it.

I'm guessing Mr. "Gimme a free drink because Superbowl" is the third one.
                    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Working...
                    X