Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wherein I pull the red pen (long, bad language and self sighting)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth houdini View Post
    It's the innocent ones you have to watch out for! I'm not into the lifestyle but I know a lot about it, and anyone who's brought the subject up with me (usually in a "this'll shock you!" conversation, because I'm obviously so innocent) has been absolutely when I join in quite calmly. It goes to show you can never tell...and you should never judge by appearences
    The same thing happens to me a lot of the time. I'm aware of and can discuss a great deal of the 'rule 34' stuff, including a fair number of 'not possible in real life' things. People fascinate me.

As for the main topic, I once had this guy come up to me on an online MMOG (massively multiplayer online game - a kind of 3D chatroom), and try to bully me into being his dominant.

... uh. WHAT? How does that work?
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Most often I get the reaction "but...but you're too innocent to be a Domme!"
      that's why it works so well.

i have curiosity about the lifestyle, but finding someone i could trust that deeply would be too difficult.
      look! it's ghengis khan!
      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
        i have curiosity about the lifestyle, but finding someone i could trust that deeply would be too difficult.
        You can find someone, sometimes in the most unexpected places. Mine totally came out of left field for me.
        The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
          You can find someone, sometimes in the most unexpected places. Mine totally came out of left field for me.
          Yeah me too. Again any who want to pm me and become friends on this other website I'm on that caters to that lifestyle feel free I'm friends with a few off of here....
          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
            See this is an aspect I never got. My view on a Dom must be a lot different then most. A sub puts a LOT of trust in a Dom. IMO a Dom has to consider the sub's well being before their own. Sure, the sub is there to serve the Dom, in a way that both agreed to. However, the Dom/Domme should always consider the subs well being, needs, and safety above all else, even their own desires. But that is just me.
            It's not just you.

The Talmud has a saying: He who acquires a slave, acquires a master.

In those days, people with debts and no money could sell themselves into slavery call it indentured servitude, and what would have been their salary is put towards their debts. Also, a court could sell a convicted thief, if he couldn't afford to make restitution, into servitude for a period not to exceed six years.

In such a relationship, the servant's wellbeing is the responsibility of his/her master, who is required to supply the servant with food, clothing, housing, etc.; basically all the needs of daily living, to the same standard as he himself is accustomed. Moreover, if there's only enough food for one of them, the servant gets it; if there are only enough clothing for one of them, the servant has to be clothed, and so on. (More details at http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/vi...d=850&letter=S)

So what you're describing above has an ancient and honorable precedent as the correct way to behave with such persons as consider you their master/mistress.

Comment

Nice Shalom I like it...
              https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
              Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth AdamaGeist View Post
                And the 'willful sub', the ones who think that they should always 'resist' the desires of their dom.

Can't stand either of those two groups personally.

I would consider myself a "willful sub" in that if you want to Domme me, you're going to earn it, i'm too strong and dominating a personality in everyday life, its going to take a much more determined person to M A K E me submit.... but that's kinda how i like it .... but it's not exactly my lifestyle.... its one of those things that kinda sorts itself out in the bedroom/relationship... and for the most part for me its only in the bedroom that i want to be "domme'd" (really wish we'd've picked up the shackles this weekend so he can bind me *drool*)
                I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
                  In such a relationship, the servant's wellbeing is the responsibility of his/her master, who is required to supply the servant with food, clothing, housing, etc.; basically all the needs of daily living, to the same standard as he himself is accustomed. Moreover, if there's only enough food for one of them, the servant gets it; if there are only enough clothing for one of them, the servant has to be clothed, and so on. (More details at http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/vi...d=850&letter=S)
                  This is a good example of why I think it was a really good thing to end slavery when we did. Aside for all the moral issues about slavery, can you imagine the federal regulations that would be in place today regarding slave ownership? It would be a nightmare.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

This thread has consistently failed to stay on topic, despite reminders, so it's being closed.

Some people just can't stay away from fratching topics.

Feel free to post this discussion over there.
                    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
                    X