This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pittsburgh Pirates or Game 5 Rangers/Penguins

I'm going to Pittsburgh next weekend for my cousin's wedding. My sister got tickets for a bunch of us to go to the Pittsburgh Pirates game. My family is obsessed with Pittsburgh in general (Though not really the Pirates). I figured why not, when can I ever go to that stadium again?

Then the Rangers beat the Flyers in the first round of the NHL playoffs and they are playing the Pittsburgh Penguins. Game 5 (if there's not a sweep) is in Pittsburgh Friday night.

Seeing as I definitely don't care about either baseball team playing, I'd MUCH rather root my favorite hockey team on in the playoffs. My girlfriend loves hockey and doesn't care much for baseball. I just feel like it'd be pretty crappy of me to skip the game with my family for the hockey game.

Is it really wrong or no?
    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

I'd assume there's going to be plenty of family time outside of the game, so I'd think your family wouldn't have a hang-up if you wanted to see the hockey game instead.

Pirates are a flash in the pan anyway.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

My girlfriend says definitely hockey.

I'm hoping Rangers sweep so there is no Game 5.
      "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Seems like family would know/understand that for you, hockey>baseball. If your sister won't be left hanging for the price of the tickets, I'd say definitely catch the Peng's.

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
          I'm going to Pittsburgh next weekend for my cousin's wedding.
          I was in Pittsburgh last weekend, staying at the Bakery Square Springhill Suites. There were two wedding parties staying there. Was one of them the one you went to? I don't remember the names.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Hockey > Baseball

(I may be a teeny tiny bit biased there)
            How ever do they manage to breathe for themselves without having to call tech support? - Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
              I was in Pittsburgh last weekend, staying at the Bakery Square Springhill Suites. There were two wedding parties staying there. Was one of them the one you went to? I don't remember the names.
              The wedding is this coming Saturday. Hasn't happened yet.

I'll be in the section right of the penalty boxes (when viewed from the ice), fourth row.

Comment

I think you made the right decision, but I may be completely biased on the hockey vs baseball thing. Have fun.
                Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Working...
                X